2014 tacoma/ new model news?

Flagster

Expedition Leader
The current HiLux style is too terrible...looks like the front end on my step dad's HighLander...

No no no no no!!!!...look at that face...those headlamps...the curves around the auxiliary lighting...the open space between the grill and lower trim...like soft lips waiting for a kiss...I just want to put my finger over them and say...shhh....no need to say anything
Oh what a feeling

Flagster

Expedition Leader
The current HiLux style is too terrible...looks like the front end on my step dad's HighLander...

No no no no no!!!!...look at that face...those headlamps...the curves around the auxiliary lighting...the open space between the grill and lower trim...like soft lips waiting for a kiss...I just want to put my finger over them and say...shhh....no need to say anything
Oh what a feeling

voodoojk

Adventurer
can we at least get a v8 taco already and still have a 6spd manuel trans if they wont give us a diesel?

I work for Audi/VW and see our diesels come in and out all day long and owner who say they are getting 50 mpg in them ( the cars of course) Even the older TDI jetta are still getting 45mpg or better with 200K+ miles on the clock. I know Emissions is a major issue.. we use AD BLUE/UREA every day. ..but come on!

Decisions decisons...

Clutch

<---Pass
Oh what a feeling

That made me laugh out loud...double double post to boot too too...

Clutch

<---Pass
can we at least get a v8 taco already and still have a 6spd manuel trans if they wont give us a diesel?

I work for Audi/VW and see our diesels come in and out all day long and owner who say they are getting 50 mpg in them ( the cars of course) Even the older TDI jetta are still getting 45mpg or better with 200K+ miles on the clock. I know Emissions is a major issue.. we use AD BLUE/UREA every day. ..but come on!

Decisions decisons...

Hear you loud and clear on the diesel Taco.

I am drooling over an A6 sitting the parking lot outside my work right now...prolly a gasser though, but that is ok!

voodoojk

Adventurer
Excuse my lack of toyota knowledge but didnt the first gen tundra have a v8? Now isnt the 2nd gen taco the same size as the 1st gen tundra? lol so put a damn v8 in it! lol

Clutch

<---Pass
Excuse my lack of toyota knowledge but didnt the first gen tundra have a v8? Now isnt the 2nd gen taco the same size as the 1st gen tundra? lol so put a damn v8 in it! lol

Yes, and yes....and yea the no V8 taco is flippin' stupid. The Chevy Colorado even got a V8, those things are a hoot to drive. Crappy build quality, but at least you'll be having fun right before it breaks.

Last edited:
My guess of the 3rd gen Taco will be the current 4 Runner engine, a front end face lift maybe rear disc brakes and a new interior. Vary vanilla, very Toyota. Unless the next generation Tundra (to be seen this year at the Chicago auto show) is WAY different than the current model I have little hope for the 3rd generation Taco. A load capacity of say 1500-1700 lbs would be nice to have as well. If the MPG isn't at least 24-25 highway I will be shopping other brands/models. I purchased my current first gen Taco new, it will be 14 years old in October and close to 300,000 miles. I am ready for a new Tacoma. But like I said I have little faith in Toyota putting out something lust worthy!

p nut

butter
...If the MPG isn't at least 24-25 highway I will be shopping other brands/models. I purchased my current first gen Taco new, it will be 14 years old in October and close to 300,000 miles. I am ready for a new Tacoma. But like I said I have little faith in Toyota putting out something lust worthy!

I agree with you there, but I would up my expected mileage to 27MPG. I don't care about V8's or diesel, just hope they can squeeze out better MPG with the V6. I'll be looking for another truck within a year, so hopefully Toyota will deliver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier