Excursion vs. SuperDuty

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Not Non-sense, my brother worked for the Forestry Dept., they traded in all but one of their Suburbans in on new Excursions, 2 weeks later they returned the Excursions cause they were about to wear out the Suburban pulling them out when They got stuck daily. There is a good reason why they still make Suburbans and no long make Excursions. They made less than 200,000 Excursions and quit cause no one wanted them. Not trying to be mean it's just what happened.

The only reason Ford quit making Excursions is because they were only hitting market share in Ca.....Zero to do with performance, way tougher chassis.

Kaisen

Explorer
The only reason Ford quit making Excursions is because they were only hitting market share in Ca.....Zero to do with performance, way tougher chassis.

While it may have had nothing to do with performance or toughness, they stopped making Excursions because not enough people actually bought them -- anywhere

For example, in 2002 Ford sold just under 30K Excursions. That same year GM sold almost 230K Sub/XL/ESV. By 2005, Ford only sold 15K. That's not enough.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
The Excursion felt like a truck. Didn't win the applaus of soccar mom's the way Yukons and Suburbans do. Didn't win the applaus of men either, they'd rather have a truck that felt like a truck.

I think the existance of the Yukon sold alot of Suburbans. (Yukon, the gateway Fullsize SUV?)

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
OP, if you're still out there, you could go either way... and be happy. I was looking for an X but couldn't find a rust free one, with a diesel. Settled on a crew cab short bed. I put a camper shell on her so she could have the covered cargo space. She's a little longer, but wheels pretty good, and I got more cargo space than an X.

yea too bad ford didn't sell em that way

pic as promised, lift kit and 51 gallon fuel tank otw

View attachment 157216

Very nice rigs fellas!

TKSC01

Adventurer
Great Info

Thanks man and I was pleasently surprised to find the tanks were add on and not replacements! Talk about cool! Thanks again.

jdinevens

Adventurer
Thanks man and I was pleasently surprised to find the tanks were add on and not replacements! Talk about cool! Thanks again.

? i'll have to double check with the instructions but these will replace your stock fuel tank, there definitely isn't enough room for the 51 + stock 29ish fuel tank under the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94