ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW, Warwickshire, England 28-29 September 2013

Neil

Observer
Just Stumbled into this thread . Nice picture of my truck . It finished now

Just joined the forum after going to the Adventure Overland Show, hope it happens next year :)

I took loads of photos but it's late so just one for now...

Tom Mc

I was at the OA 14 with the Chiltern Vale Land Rover Club (CVLRC)
I personally don't think that it is right or fair when CLUBS receive free tickets to attend a show, and then break down the stand first thing Sunday and disappear! as my clubs organiser, I will not let the stand be taken down until the show finishes!
People who pay entry to the show only get half the value. I have spoken to Tom about this.
View attachment 255872

Good for you! The show hours are officially 10am - 5pm Saturday, 10am - 4pm Sunday thus enabling those trading or displaying (clubs, display vehicles, etc.) a chance of breaking down their stands and heading home at a reasonable hour, but of course there's always the odd one or two numptys who start taking down gazebos and suchlike really early - from 2am in some cases - which as you say is all wrong. I have always thought that if you advertise it's up to a certain time then it should be just that, but of course stopping people from doing their own thing is well nigh impossible. So sorry about that 'Lnorthants', just as well there are folk like 'part time nomad' around who still have some standards or the place would be empty!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke