SOLD 1994 AWD Astro Tiger XL

mr r2fj

Adventurer
This is an extremely rare hard top AWD astro van tiger with low miles. I think you'd be hard pressed to find something this nice in this configuration.

1994 AWD Astro Tiger XL
only 67K miles!
Recently passed emissions with flying colors and has a brand new catalytic converter
Starts up quickly and runs beautifully
Well maintained and currently needs nothing mechanically.

Extra vehicle stuff:
two way remote alarm with remote start.
New bilstein shocks with overland vans lift kit (new heavy duty leaf springs, hangers, torsion bars, lift keys) This is a VERY nice suspension setup and the van is extremely comfortable to drive.
16" steel wheels with all terrain tires.

High end kenwood in dash GPS system with diamond audio 8" sub behind drivers seat and diamond audio speakers in dash. Absolutely top of the line unit.
Kenwood includes rear backup camera

High end electronic Dual battery setup to separate coach and starting batteries. Automatically supports solar system to keep the starting battery "fresh" when solar power or "shore" power is available.

RV:
Everything works: water heater, toilet, shower, air heater, sink, stove, etc.
New water pump just installed.

Extra RV stuff:
Entire lighting system converted over to extremely low power (but very bright) led system. You could probably leave them on for days with no issue.
External RV light replaced with security motion sensing LED light.
200W solar setup with magnum 1000W inverter/charger w/ remote
Two high end AGM 6V lifeline batteries
Xantrex battery monitoring system.

Some things worth noting:
Back window is slightly warped and could be replaced.
Small rub in wheel wells from time to time. Hasn't been a huge issue, but it's worth mentioning.
Anti-lock light is on. This is a common issue with astro vans and many people choose to disable the anti-lock system anyway. There are zero issues with braking and both the previous owner and I decided the vehicle was better without this "feature".

History from previous owner:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...uot-new-quot-Tiger...?highlight=Our+New+Tiger

I'm sure there will be more questions and lots of things I haven't covered, so ask away!

Vehicle located in Phoenix, AZ.

Asking $17,000 (Yoda not included)
IMG_3654.JPG

IMG_3649.JPG

IMG_5271.JPG

IMG_5324.JPG

20130127_114355.jpg

20130127_114332.jpg

20130127_113715.jpg

20130127_113651.jpg

20130127_113631.jpg

20130127_113613.jpg

20130127_113603.jpg

20130127_113539.jpg

20130127_113250.jpg

20130127_113156.jpg

20130127_113141.jpg

Last edited:

Rot Box

Explorer
I saw Astro and Tiger in the same sentence and just had to look... Never seen a combo like that before. Oh man I wish I was in a position to consider something like this. Good luck with the sell!

mr r2fj

Adventurer
That's a good question. I know they're back there but I've never used them. I'll check when I got home. Lots of good questions coming in ill try to update the thread soon.

tibfibber

Observer
I had a feeling this Tiger would find a new home quickly. Might be a good idea to change the thread title back to 94 Provan Tiger - SOLD as a future price reference. Something to show what a very clean, well sorted Tiger XT is worth.

Will we continue to hear of this particular Tiger's travels, or has it moved beyond the purview of the portal? Also, what happens to the AZ Glamping plate? :ylsmoke:

mr r2fj

Adventurer
The glamping plate is mine! I'll be putting it on whatever I get next I'm sure. =) I'll adjust the title back. Sometimes I don't like leaving that stuff, but in this instance it seems ok. The new owner is from the tiger group, but I did let him know about expo so hopefully he'll end up here. I had a serious amount of interest in this thing. Seems that these are still very popular and this configuration is particularly rare. I WILL own another tiger. I can't imagine traveling any other way after being spoiled by one of these things. Next one will be newer so that's a few years down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles