Ford F250 & Northstar TC650

mkish

Adventurer
Looks like Coulter has the articulated leg. I'm thinking about replacing one of my posts with a leg attached to the table and that rests on the floor just so we can pivot the thing.

So anyway, I do have a very stable table, but at the cost of having two pedestals. Stays put on the road or with 2 kids trapped behind it.

coulter6

Observer
The articulated leg table is convenient to get in and out, also nice that the table can be positioned in many different positions. The downside is the wobble and movement when you put stuff on it. We have to be careful not to put much weight on it (like getting in and out) because it of the table movement and possible spillage.

Oh, here is my most recent addition - the Trasharoo.
P1000810small_zpsa02aaaf2.jpg

mkish

Adventurer
You're having an awful lot of fun with that thing! :)

Too bad about the table. I guess I'll wait until the kids are less squirmy (or old enough that we eat outside all the time) before getting a comfier table.

mkish

Adventurer
I thought one oughtn't store wine in warm spots! Anyway the wine box doesn't fit. :) I removed my panel by just pushing gently and then finagling it out of the hole. That's the easy part. Figuring out how to hang the toilet paper without it being in plain sight is trickier.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Where did you get that sink drain? Would two of those work on a double sink or are they too long to effectively connect together in that space? I have a TS1000.

brian90744

American Trekker
Kerry.
See post #46 on NorthstarTC650-n-Tundra. You will only need one Hepvo unit which can be used Horizonal or Vertical. From each sink drain attach a 90 tail piece to a Tee, from the Tee attach a down plumbing. You must use the original drain outlet for the sink to drain. If you could post a pic of your sink work area, it will help. Does your model have a grey water tank??
also= http://www.hepvo.com

Where did you get that sink drain? Would two of those work on a double sink or are they too long to effectively connect together in that space? I have a TS1000.

Last edited:

kerry

Expedition Leader
Took a close look at my set up today. Original design is pretty good with pipe exiting right corner of cabinet so putting a Hepvo in place of the trap wouldn't gain much.

coulter6

Observer
Haven't posted in a while, been out using the camper :wings:

I found that the camper shifted a bit in the bed going over rough roads and rocks. Also wanted to be able to load the camper easier, so I made a cradle for the camper. I took some 2x4s and built a frame so the camper would settle into it as I lowered the camper. I used 2" pick high density foam to raise the camper in the bed to clear the truck cab. The base of the camper needed to be extended out a little to prevent the fiberglass sides from rubbing in the cradle.
P1040609_zps37cee184.jpg

P1040610_zps5a7f28ec.jpg

P1040607_zps4c3485e7.jpg

The Ford bed is 6' 9" long and the camper was to short to fit neatly in the bed. I extended the bumpers in order to seat the camper firmly against the bed.
P1040606_zps1888ab2d.jpg

I found I have more electronic devices than plugs. The TC650 comes with one 12v plug and I needed more plugs for my & wife's phones, tablet, Kindle, etc.
I put in a Blue Sea dual USB charging port to help with the problem. I tied the wiring into the existing wire bundle.
P1050035_zps0ff7bedc.jpg

P1050033_zps478a7b33.jpg

Last edited:

coulter6

Observer
Did some more work on the camper today. Installed a Lagun Table Pedestal and the Northstar Overhead Cabinet.
The original table worked well but was a little wiggly. The Lagun pedestal is built like a tank and very stable.
Table stand before:
20140925_084511_zps25346100.jpg

Lagun pedestal:
P1050044_zps4cd7e94e.jpg

P1050043_zps04ce1955.jpg

The overhead cabinet adds a great deal of storage space to the TC650.
Before:
P1050036_zps0636e35c.jpg

After:
P1050049_zps40365321.jpg

P1050040_zps783b6c86.jpg

P1050042_zps43d6749f.jpg

Dustyroad

This is a late post, but I am thinking about buying a TC-650, I have a F-250 with 6'10'' bed. I was told that with the rear wraps the camper would need to sit 6 to 8 inches away from the front of the bed. Did you have that problem? Not sure what it would look like but I can't see any problem with the pictures you posted.

Thanks,

coulter6

Observer
Yes, the rear wraps will hit the tail lights if you don't build some kind of stop. On the previous page of this thread I posted a picture of one of the braces I built. I ended up building a box with 2x6s (1x6s will work also) that was open at the top so I could store 2 Rotopax gas containers between the camper and truck wall. I found that you need between 6-7 inches of offset.

I initially just sett the camper in the bed of the truck with just air space between the camper & truck, but found that during off road travel, the camper shifted. I had to replace the tail lights.

BTW, I have my TC650 on consignment at a dealer in Albuquerque if you want to take a road trip. ;o)
I'd let you have my spacer & Trash-a-Roo.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Did some more work on the camper today. Installed a Lagun Table Pedestal and the Northstar Overhead Cabinet.
The original table worked well but was a little wiggly. The Lagun pedestal is built like a tank and very stable.
Table stand before:
20140925_084511_zps25346100.jpg

Lagun pedestal:
P1050044_zps4cd7e94e.jpg

P1050043_zps04ce1955.jpg

Before:
P1050036_zps0636e35c.jpg

After:
P1050049_zps40365321.jpg

P1050040_zps783b6c86.jpg

P1050042_zps43d6749f.jpg

That's a nice table. We've never used the supplied one nor used it to complete the bottom bunk. If I had a shortbed,I'd prefer the TC650 utilizing the side doors. We use that space for an axe,shovel,rake broom etc. I don't know if the wrap around style can be removed and doors installed.

freedomrider

Ordinary average guy

I never liked the standard Northstar table at all. I got so frustrated with the wobble that I just took the whole thing out. Glad to hear that the Lagun is working well.

Did you get the cabinets shipped from Northstar? Also, how was the installation? TIA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke