USA Venturecraft Trailblazer... A good buy?

3rovers

Dennis Yard KI6TUC
It's a shame conditions prevented the purchase. Hope you have good luck in hunting up another.

On a separate note, has anyone seen the add-on room which apparently can be zipped onto the existing tent entryway?
The tent face is prepped with the zippper, but I seen any pictures of one actually in use.

dizzyspots

Adventurer
@3rovers...just swap the hubs for a set in the right bolt pattern, no adapters needed...about $75

the add-a-room was actually a joint venture between the factory and Bass Pro Shops...the used a nylon " SUV " tent and simply added a zipper to the side that would normally wrap around the back of an SUV...any upholstery shop could do the same

easiest way to begin to upgrade the frame is simply using thicker wall 2x2 steel tubing to replace the tongue

I have had mine for 6 years...since then I have only less than a dozen for sale across the web...I have hooked up 4 other folks with the others I have found.

Light weight easy to tow..easy to move around by hand...easy to stow in limited area...supplies are instantly accessible on the road AND in camp...sets up in UNDER a minute...without messing with your supplies REAL tent (not thin nylon) REAL mattress

We have taken ours to the heights of the Rockies and the beaches of Baja and LOVE it...

PS I was a distributor for the Kwik Kamp line of motorcycle trailers...the owner of Venturcraft was an avid Jeep-er and had his guys build some of these, based on his Kwik Kamp motorcycle design. No idea how many of the off road type were actually made....1st out in about 1996 factory closed closed about 1998 Abilene, TX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online