Like A Moth To The Flame- My New LR3

Barrows

Adventurer
Congrats on a great write up. I am a die hard jeep guy so I can understand the love for a impractical vehicle. Lately though I have been looking towards LR3's or Xterra's as the jeep is just not reliable anymore.

MCObray

Explorer
Great write-up. I have always enjoyed reading your threads, whether it be your previous AEV Jeep, or now the LR3. Congrats on your purchase!

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
We need more pics...

How long are you gonna make us wait to see the LR3 and the Conqueror together? I can't be properly jealous until you do... :bowdown:

RangeBrover

Explorer
Must be something about the color and the heavy duty package availability. I've been looking for an LR4 and so far the 3 I've found with the Heavy Duty Package have all been in dark green.

hattrik21

Adventurer
I am now in the market for one and all these LR3 threads are making me jealous. I'm holding out for the HD package on one and either White or Silver......Hopefully my patience will allow me to get the right combo.

Barrows

Adventurer
^ Sorry for the hijack. Any reason for the change from the Xterra? I am looking for a Xterra right now.^

Mack73

Adventurer
Must be something about the color and the heavy duty package availability. I've been looking for an LR4 and so far the 3 I've found with the Heavy Duty Package have all been in dark green.

Coincidence. In the group I run with 2 are silver, one is black and one is white. The one without the HD is the green one :p

h2os2

Adventurer
Dendy... Great looking LR3!! I'm sure maybe it's been asked before (couldn't find it in the thread), but what is the brand name of the hitch you have? Thanks.

hattrik21

Adventurer
^ Sorry for the hijack. Any reason for the change from the Xterra? I am looking for a Xterra right now.^

I'm looking for something to haul the family around with a little more comfort plus the LR3 has more cargo room, and the big thing is rear AC. Being in TX it gets hot here and I fee bad for my kids when they say their backs are all sweaty when driving a while. I have an 05 X and it's been a great truck...just looking to change it up a little. Now I gotta decide if I should sell my X on the side or just trade it in and get it all done and not have to worry about it.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Thanks to the generosity of Land Rover Nashville, ... I have a new cargo guard (dog guard), and load space mat!
Got them installed this weekend.

Dog Guard/Load Space Mat:
IMG_5571_zps651baddc.jpg

While you are technically not supposed to be able to use the load space cover with the dog guard, ... I was able to do so- just a nice security measure to keep nosey folks from peering in:
IMG_5572_zps69bd830e.jpg

View from the back seat:
IMG_5573_zps13536022.jpg

cannonball55

Adventurer
Looks great! I've been following your thread as I'm in the process of ordering parts for mine.

Just curious what kind of price did you get on that dog guard if you dont mind sharing? ive been looking for one (without actually going through LR) and theyve all been universals.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I got it thrown in on the purchase. I find them from time to time for sale second hand.
Many times, if you find a dealership with on in a used truck, he'll cut a deal on it, cause they aren't for everyone. (can't use the rear seats when it is in- and for some - too cumbersome to get out to use the rear seats. (that is what the dealer did here- they took this one out of a used truck and gave it to me).

There is one by a company called Travel-All as well.

D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles