Like A Moth To The Flame- My New LR3

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Im taken to an episode of The Andy Griffith Show where he props his shoe up on his desk and asks, "how do get that great big size 10 shoe in this itty bitty mouth!?"

After a year a a few months with an AEV Jeep Unlimited, which I loved, my wife and I on our last trip realized that the trailer just was pushing the limits of the towing capacity of the trailer. The Jeep has a top towing capacity of 3500lbs. The trailer is 3250 dry, and we haven't weight it loaded.
Then someone sent me a PM that this truck would be the perfect solution to the towing issue, plus put me back in a Land Rover. I was smitten, and driven.

Let's just say the stars aligned and the draw of the green oval flame was too great.

So, the AEV has found a new home in the upper UP of Michigan and this 2009 LR3 has come home to roost in Nashville. It is a 2009 LR3, with 30,000 miles. HSE with Heavy Duty package that originally was built for a fly fishing expedition outfit in Colorado. The color is Galway Green with black leather. ARB front bumper with Superwinch 10K, viking synth line, Kaymar rear bumper with tire swing away on one side and jerry can swing away on the other. It is equipted with the curt HD hitch for towing.
The plans are to add 4000's to the front bumper, replace the IPF's with hella compact 4000's. Haven't decided if I am going to remove the roof rack sides and leave the sleek base only.
The truck is Certified and should be a long term family member now, as I am really quite pleased with it.

IMG_5554_zps2ab2207c.jpg

IMG_5555_zpsfa882016.jpg

More pics to come-
D

ps: And i'll add as long as I am eating crow: We are working on a Range Rover Evoque for my wife. As much as I bad mouthed Land Rover for walking the RR Evoque path, I now understand who they were appealing. My wife is head over heels with this thing. She especially loves the size and the gas mileage. (28MPG)

RangeBrover

Explorer
The Evoque is great, the wife loves hers, and as long as she's happy I can keep doing my thing. Just get a 4 door, we looked at a 2 and the ergonomics were terrible.

Congrats on the new rover, she looks great.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
The evoque is a VERY fun vehicle! Not that it can do much off road, but it's pretty fun either way.

GHR

Observer
Nice LR3! You were lucky to find one with the HD and well equipped otherwise as well.

overlander

Expedition Leader
Welcome back to the Greener pasture! Glad to have you back in the fold Dendy! I haven't seen that color around these parts. It looks fantastic! That green with a tan interior would be hot too!

Great gear added. That thing is trail ready!

PS. Don't take that shoe out of your mouth just yet. Suck on that leather a while and remember where you come from!

Mack73

Adventurer
ps: And i'll add as long as I am eating crow: We are working on a Range Rover Evoque for my wife. As much as I bad mouthed Land Rover for walking the RR Evoque path, I now understand who they were appealing. My wife is head over heels with this thing. She especially loves the size and the gas mileage. (28MPG)

We were looking at another Audi for the wife - but she turns to me today and says, maybe we should get me an Evoque. They definately have struck a chord with women.

Looks like a good bit of kit there - Rear bumper a Kaymar?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
We were looking at another Audi for the wife - but she turns to me today and says, maybe we should get me an Evoque. They definately have struck a chord with women.

Looks like a good bit of kit there - Rear bumper a Kaymar?

Don't let her drive one! She'll be hooked.

Yes, that is a Kaymar rear bumper. Thanks!
D

rijosho

Adventurer
Very nice. Have you already started figuring out how much of that stuff will bolt on to the LR4 next year when you get smitten with that next?

RangeBrover

Explorer
I know the feeling of wanting to come back into the fold Dendy, I'm looking for a G to replace the Land Cruiser, but every time I see a new LR4 I second guess myself. I guess it's true what they say, once you drive a Rover you either hate them for life or can't drive anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste