Fzj80 dual battery question

Mayne

Explorer
I'm looking into a dual settup for electrical goodies in my cruiser, and I wanted to know if IPOR was a good settup?
Are there others with equal or better value?

Thanks
Mayne

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
I built the system I put in my FJ60 using Blue Sea components. When it was time to similarly equip my 80, I went with National Luna.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
x2 on National Luna...I don't know about the IPOR setup but the National Luna kit is very nice IMO...

Mayne

Explorer
The price is reasonable, and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. Is the national Luna kit complete? And simple?

Thanks

KC Cruiser

Adventurer
Yes & yes! I had mine installed in about an hour (not including the washer relocation, etc.) It is a great unit and very complete. Paul May at Equipt is very helpful and carries all you need!

The price is reasonable, and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. Is the national Luna kit complete? And simple?

Thanks

zolo

Explorer
I have installed 2 IBS kits in Tacoma's.
They are really simple, very good quality and have in cab read outs for both battery's.

I love the IBS kit cause its very easy to install. Its a clean way to go.

atlcruiser

Supporting Sponsor
National Luna is the deal. We used to custom build kits but we switched to national luna about to years ago.

We are dealers and will soon have an EXPO deal. Hit me up if interested.

Mayne

Explorer
Thank all, I've got two clear choices to choose from, and both sound like winners. I appreciate the input, I'm very green when it comes to Cruisers as this is my first.

coax

Adventurer
Not to rehash some other threads, but I went with a Blue Sea setup. Fairly cost effective for the functionality it provides. http://bluesea.com/category/2/productline/388 One of those benefits is a VERY low power draw while also able to pump 500A through it. Useful for winching, etc. However, its not for the people that like to keep an eye on things with lots of gauges, etc.

The great thing about the 80 is its already set up to accept a passenger side battery tray (with minor modifications/relocations). Good luck!

brentbba

Explorer
I've been runing IPOR's set up for several years now. No issues. Just don't kill your 2nd battery running a fridge for a few days in the hot desert and then expect to start your truck with a bad 1st battery! Mine is the automatic cut off and jump start type and I think the 2nd battery had been hiding the weakening 1st battery and the problem didn't rear it's ugly head until I ran the 2nd battery down...if any of this jibberis makes sense.

Tons of discussion, FAQ and debate over on Mud about dual battery systems too. More than you'd ever want to read.

Mayne

Explorer
The Blue Sea product is probably great, but I rather go by the paint by numbers approach that some of the other systems have. I'm boarder line electrically stupid, so rather than sourcing parts to go with, a complete package is desirable.
Brentbb, thanks for the info on IPOR's system.

Mayne

Wheelingnoob

Adventurer
I went with the Blue sea system and could not be happier. I have the 120A controller in there now and am planing now that I have a winch to step up to the bigger 500A one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94