Alaskan Camper Build Up

Carlyle

Explorer
Wow, this is an awesome build!

You definitely want pre-tuned 2.5" shock but may want to consider all your options.
In my experience Fox builds a more durable shock than King, and has greater parts available, making them my preference for long distance driving.

So many choices!

Ozymandias

Observer
I've heard the same and appreciate the opinion of someone who is using them. What did you pay for the set btw? How are they off and on road versus stock shocks?

I paid around 900.- for the Rear pair of 2.5 King Piggyback, would buy them again. Runs since 40000Mi flawless.

Ozy

trucknut

Hi I enjoyed reading your thread, several times! Your equipment choices and insight have been interesting. I wonder if you would tell who makes your running boards? I have seen them before but lost the info when my old computer crashed. Thanks and safe travels.

Carlyle

Explorer
I cannot not find the maker of the running boards after looking. They were purchased at Perkins Dodge in Colorado Springs if that helps.

Darwin

Explorer
Really curious to find out what tires you ended up going with since I am considering a 3500 Ram C&C with singles.

Carlyle

Explorer
I thought I would add a few photos of the First attack Wheels that just arrived. They arrived on a pallet in perfect condition and I had to get them put on right away. They are wider then the Rickson's that they replaced after their 60% failure rate. The guys at the tire shop get a great workout overtime I come in for rotations or other tire/wheel work. I'm hoping eventually that the Goodyears g275MSA will fit on without to much monkey business. Sorry I didn't wash the truck for you guys, but its just a touch cold here right now.

To answer your question Darwin, I'm still using the Continental MPT-81's, but would like to move to a tire with better wear.

My propane tank will be replaced this spring as it is almost at the end of it's life cycle after being on two trucks and campers now.

LH5PtDW.jpg

mjp5S1k.jpg

wNy82TR.jpg

saaJnOO.jpg

lGMZ54K.jpg

Healeyjet

Explorer
Nice to see some updates, but I'm being totally selfish there. It will be interesting to see how the Goodyears fit and wear when you get them.

Ward

mhende2

Carl I just discovered your thread while searching for Alaskan tips and ideas after a trip from Colorado Springs to Phoenix last month to purchase a 2004 10ft Alaskan in great shape. This is my first truck camper and I'm very pleased with the Alaskan so far. I hope to see your build up close sometime as it is truly amazing.

Carlyle

Explorer
Carl I just discovered your thread while searching for Alaskan tips and ideas after a trip from Colorado Springs to Phoenix last month to purchase a 2004 10ft Alaskan in great shape. This is my first truck camper and I'm very pleased with the Alaskan so far. I hope to see your build up close sometime as it is truly amazing.

Welcome to the fold! You're welcome to drop by and see it. In addition, I spend a lot of time in Colorado Springs if that is where you're at currently

BPugs44

I am new to this forum I've been following this blog and can say that it is one of the best project blogs I have ever seen. This small pantry is very nice. Did you have a independent cabinet builder build it or did Alaskan Camper build it and install it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior