Camper010.jpg

LCD TV behind settee

Camper019.jpg

Prepping truck

Camper022.jpg

Getting ready for load

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
Don't leave us hanging....show us a pic of the camper on the truck man!

What is your overall impression of the camper? Any immediate problems or pleasant surprises?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Mark

theMec

Adventurer
Really .. I can't believe you didn't post a pic of the camper on the truck ..
I'll do the drumroll for you ... ;-)

Carlyle

Explorer
The camper will be loaded on the truck tomorrow in the am. The camper, being a flat bed model is a little more difficult to load than a regular slide in style camper and will be put on with a combination of the factory lift jacks and a fork lift to keep everything safe.

Overall impression: The camper is extremely well made and everything I was looking for. Bryan, at Alaskan brought in a marine electrician to tie the complete
solar and dc system together. A little pricey, but money well spend with marine grade system that will last me many years and is completely monitored down to the milliamp level. Cabinetry work and overall a quality of build you will not find in most truck campers in North America.

Down side, I'm not in it yet...

Camper018.jpg

Awning in place from last camper, actually fits better on the Alaskan.

lowenbrau

Explorer
Nice looking setup!

I bought what must be one of the oldest Alaskans last week and it is remarkable to me how true they have stayed to the original design. I'm sure they have made many small improvements but overall the 2008 version has a tremendous amount in common with the 1958 one.

I'll be doing a refurb of some description on mine and will start a thread.

You have a great looking combination going on.

I was wondering if you would mind sharing which a/c unit was installed and how the camper is going to be u-bolted onto that flat bed.

Hopefully you will be able to enjoy this new setup soon.

Carlyle

Explorer
The camper is on the truck at at last and off from Alaskan at about 5pm today.
Great people that I recommend.

The AC is a Little Guy Trailer ac and looks like it is an adapted dog kennel ac of all things. Works great and minimal draw on the battery bank.

A couple came today during the load, took one look at it and ordered one for their Alaskan.

Camper023.jpg

Camper030.jpg

Camper040.jpg

Camper037.jpg

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
Very Nice, congratulations:clapsmile

Seriously, which one of those 3 happy looking guys is you?

Send me a pm or e-mail whenever you are headed up this way, I would really like to meet you and check out your great set-up.
Cheers
Mark

fisher205

Explorer
Beautiful, but as always MORE PICS! It'll be interesting to hear your impressions after using it on the way home. Probably won't need the AC though. - Brad

haven

Expedition Leader
congratulations!

Carlyle,

The finished vehicle looks great! Congratulations! I hope you'll share more photos at some time in the future.

Reading from post #1, you placed the order for the camper 21 Nov 2007, and took delivery 6 Mar 2008, less than 4 months later. That's fast for a custom product.

Let me second the request for an overall weight, camper plus truck with flatbed and boxes, fuel, water and propane.

And let me add my voice to the chorus who want to know approximately how much the completed project cost. Thanks.

Chip Haven

erod

Adventurer
awesome build, the alaskan is the best of the best when it comes to pop ups...IMO. thanks for the thread, it has been fun to watch and read! i bet you are stoked, can't wait for more pics...maybe some of the interior. congrats!

Marc1

Observer
I can sum up everything you have done on your build with one word. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !!! Congrats.

Marc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior