Haddix's FJ Build

haddix

Adventurer
How heavy are your bumpers? Any reason why you didn't go with the Heavies to handle the additional load?

I'm currently running stock bumpers. I'm hoping the next mod I do is custom front/rear bumpers. I think OME combined the medium/heavy duty. The front coils are 885's so they support about 120 lbs of additional weight.

haddix

Adventurer
As I had mentioned earlier I am planning on building custom front and rear bumpers. Here is a rough idea of what I have in mind. The end result will look different, mainly sleeker/slimmer throughout the whole bumper. It will be tucked up as high as possible. This is just something we came up with just a couple measurements.

STREGA

Explorer
Awesome, do you have a build thread on here?

Finally picked up a spare tire and am currently weighing my options for lift kits. Leaning torwards the OME kit.[/QUOTE]

No I don't, but I need to do one.

I put on the OME's a couple of years ago and have been very happy with them, went with Mediums up front, heavies in the rear. I'am running 255/85-16 KM2's and have no rubbing at all, I did not do a BMC.

haddix

Adventurer
Awesome, do you have a build thread on here?

Finally picked up a spare tire and am currently weighing my options for lift kits. Leaning torwards the OME kit.

I put on the OME's a couple of years ago and have been very happy with them, went with Mediums up front, heavies in the rear. I'am running 255/85-16 KM2's and have no rubbing at all, I did not do a BMC.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I just ordered the same lift as you. Also running the same tires. Already did the BMC so maybe I should bump it up to 35's..

STREGA

Explorer

I put on the OME's a couple of years ago and have been very happy with them, went with Mediums up front, heavies in the rear. I'am running 255/85-16 KM2's and have no rubbing at all, I did not do a BMC.

Cool, I just ordered the same lift as you. Also running the same tires. Already did the BMC so maybe I should bump it up to 35's..[/QUOTE]

Well there are advantages/disadvantages with 35's for sure, but you will find that the pizza cutters work very well. I went with the heavies since I'am a little over the GVWR of the FJ with all the "overlanding gear" I have put on her but it is stable and gives a reasonable good ride overall.

haddix

Adventurer
Cool, I just ordered the same lift as you. Also running the same tires. Already did the BMC so maybe I should bump it up to 35's..

Well there are advantages/disadvantages with 35's for sure, but you will find that the pizza cutters work very well. I went with the heavies since I'am a little over the GVWR of the FJ with all the "overlanding gear" I have put on her but it is stable and gives a reasonable good ride overall.[/QUOTE]

I am already pleased with the pizza cutters. I ran them on my Dcab tacoma and loved them. The 315's just look nice. :)

haddix

Adventurer
Skid plates:Ordered

The mod list is looking good. I can't wait to get everything installed. Bumpers will be next.

haddix

Adventurer
Old Man Emu lift is installed. Some driveway shots for the time being. So far the ride is better than stock. Feels more firm but not to stiff.

Before

After

haddix

Adventurer
Thanks for the compliments guys.
I have a set of skids I am installing soon and then I am turning my attention to the bumpers. I am hoping to have front/rear bumpers within a month or so.

haddix

Adventurer
Removed the rear bumper yesterday. Working on a custom rear bumper right now.

2A5CDBC2-AACA-46C2-9057-4F9F4152FF35-2568-00000135AAB96A1B_zpsd93ac41f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior