1911 or Glock

cnutco

Adventurer
I have both Kimbers and Glocks. I have and do CCW one or the other from time to time. My Kimbers are chambered in .45 and my Glocks are chambered in .40, 10mm and 45GAP. I do have IWB holsters but I tend to CCW an OWB the 10mm and the .45's more.

I suggest looking into some Kahr pistols. They have many setups to choose from to suit whatever your needs are. They are very thin! I love to CCW my MK40 in an IWB holster. VERY easy to conceal.

Good luck and be safe!

zimm

Expedition Leader
Spent some time up at the LGS on Monday and decided to purchase an XD9sc as my primary CCW piece! My only complaint with the XD is the slippery grip, a couple hours with my soldering iron last night and I fixed it :)

My next purchase will be a fullsize 1911

IMAG0365.jpg

it looks like you can exfoliate with it, but that turned out shocking well. its very even.

how does one clean that?

zimm

Expedition Leader
I have both Kimbers and Glocks. I have and do CCW one or the other from time to time. My Kimbers are chambered in .45 and my Glocks are chambered in .40, 10mm and 45GAP. I do have IWB holsters but I tend to CCW an OWB the 10mm and the .45's more.

I suggest looking into some Kahr pistols. They have many setups to choose from to suit whatever your needs are. They are very thin! I love to CCW my MK40 in an IWB holster. VERY easy to conceal.

Good luck and be safe!

i have the PM40. about the most comfortable carry gun ive ever had. nothing jabbing you... like a safety... although i wouldnt mind a safety.

Storz

Explorer
it looks like you can exfoliate with it, but that turned out shocking well. its very even.

how does one clean that?

I hit it with some 600 grit and its actually not too bad wearing IWB

3a9a9aba.jpg

ujaga4y8.jpg

avyny4a4.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

J

JWP58

I went through this same question. I went with a Glock 27. My duty gun is a G35.

I know Glock, I like Glock.

Sempertoy

Explorer
Just a note on the 1911's, COLT just got a government contact to supply MARSOC with 1911's. If the special forces are using it, thats what I want to carry.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Just a note on the 1911's, COLT just got a government contact to supply MARSOC with 1911's. If the special forces are using it, thats what I want to carry.

That doesn't really prove anything. Beretta had a contract for 40 years. Even though the 92 is a bad design. The special forces is Army. The Marines are recon.

:)

Molon Labe

Sempertoy

Explorer
That doesn't really prove anything. Beretta had a contract for 40 years. Even though the 92 is a bad design. The special forces is Army. The Marines are recon.

:)

Molon Labe

Beretta still has the contract for the M-9, which is what regular service members use.

Thanks for trying to correct me on what branch has what, however recon is different from MARSOC. Recon guys still fall under USMC guidelines and chain of command. MARSOC falls directly under SOCOM.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
I CAN TELL YOU I CARRIED THE 1911 ON THE JOB, AND HAVE ALSO CARRIED THE GLOCK IN .40 CAL AND.45 CAL. I PERSONALLY LIKE BOTH BUT PREFER THE SPRINGFIELD XD. THE XD HAS THE ROUND CAPACITY OF THE GLOCK WITH THE SAFETY MEASURES OF THE 1911. THE DX ALSO LIKE THE GLOCK REQUIRES LESS MAINTENANCE THAT THE 1911. THE XD IS PRICED LOWER THAN A 1911 AND PRETTY CLOSE TO THE GLOCK.

BUT IF I HAD TO GIVE MY PERSONAL THOUGHT ON THE 1911 OR GLOCK , I WOULD CHOSE THE GLOCK. I THINK THE ALL THE YA YA ABOUT THE SAFETY BEING ON THE TRIGGER IS OVER RATED AND IT REQUIRES LESS MAINTENANCE.

mjmcdowell

Explorer
1911/Glock

Beretta still has the contract for the M-9, which is what regular service members use.

Thanks for trying to correct me on what branch has what, however recon is different from MARSOC. Recon guys still fall under USMC guidelines and chain of command. MARSOC falls directly under SOCOM.

1911..... condition one, 30 plus years carried concealed, the late Col. Cooper was right, a true fighting handgun in a viable cal.

J

JWP58

That is probably one of the worst reasons to buy any type of weapon. If thats the case, better go pickup a Sig and H&K while your at it....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94