SOLD - 2011 AT Chaser

mvbeggs

Adventurer
I have ordered a new Teardrop so the Chaser needs to find a new home.

Here are the details:

2011 Adventure Trailer- Chaser
White powder coat with black fenders
Independent trailing arm suspension with air struts
Cargo box with gas strut assisted lift
Drop leg tongue jack
Rubber matting in cargo box
Cargo tie downs inside cargo box
2" rear accessory receiver
Two fuel cans with AT holders
19 gallon roto molded water tank
Utility shelf - shaped and finished hardwood plywood
Trailer night lights
Auxiliary 12v outlets- 3 fused 12v outlets
Valve regulated AGM group 31 battery- new August 2012
Battery box and hold down
Noco Marine Charger- on board 10 amp single battery charger with shore plug
Electric brake axle upgrade
Globetrotter Tent w/ 4 sidewalls and self supporting retractable awning
Thule Rack load bars on adjustable track
Tail gate- 16" x 32"
External Hot/Cold shower point (mixing valve for shower)
Aqua Jet 3.5gpm/70 psi pressure sensing pump for shower
LED Rectangular Floodlight- rear of trailer
Drifta Single Drawer-DCB kitchen- DCB kitchen box contents shown in pictures below are excluded
Custom storage box for Drifta Kitchen- allows easy access to kitchen w/o unloading trailer
2- 11lb propane tanks
2- exterior propane brackets
2- 5 on 5 to 6 on 5.5 wheel adapter- convert Jeep wheel to Tacoma wheel

I have pulled this trailer over 15,000 miles on various trips through Kansas, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona. She rests in a heated garage when not in use. The trailer is in good shape but does have normal wear and tear. No trail rash on tub.

She has never been on her side or top. The tent's mosquito netting, at the end of the bed, has a small- dime size- hole from a run away amber from a Arizona campfire. The nose box got a minor dent from my Jeep's tire carrier. The dent does not affect the nose box function or water tightness. There is also some dark dirt patches on both sidewalls of the Globetrotter changing room. (see below pictures)

Currently she sits in her "Jeep" configuration. (37" tires on 17" rims) These tires and wheels will not be sold with the trailer. I have included the wheel adapters to convert from the trailer hub's 5 on 5 lug pattern (Jeep) to a hub centric 6 on 5.5 lug pattern (2012 Tacoma). Most people tend run the same tires and wheels on the trailer and tow vehicle, therefore I won't be including wheels or tires with the trailer. (You can provide your own tires and wheels, or, I will be willing to provide at additional cost.)

The trailer is currently located in the Kansas City, MO area.

I will be traveling to Prescott in March and would be open to pulling the trailer and meet the purchaser along the route.

Here are some photos of the trailer (I have more for those interested):

IMG_3406_zpsf038873e.jpg

Last edited:

mvbeggs

Adventurer
2011 AT Chaser

WOW that was FAST!! SMOKING DEAL Congrats to both parties!

Thanks Yuman! It's kind of sad seeing her go. She has been our modern day Sherpa- carrying our equipment, without complaint, and allowing us to see places that would have been out of our reach alone. :)

We're really glad to see it purchased by a fellow Portal member.

How's the heater working out?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I used to want one of these SO BAD!! The heater works almost TOO well!! I've made a few mods to the container. I need to post up some pics. I used it again on a trip that traversed the legendary El Camino Del Diablo. The temps were below freezing at night. At one point (no B.S.) my thermometer read 122 degrees!! and it wasn't even turned up all the way!! That thing is UNREAL!! Lets just say the other 27 guys in the group were envious. I can't wait to see your teardrop. I'm sure that thing will be INSANE!!

mvbeggs

Adventurer
AT Propex Heater in a box

... I've made a few mods to the container. I need to post up some pics.
I used it again on a trip that traversed the legendary El Camino Del Diablo. The temps were below freezing at night. At one point (no B.S.) my thermometer read 122 degrees!! and it wasn't even turned up all the way!! That thing is UNREAL!!

I wasn't exaggerating when I said it really puts out the heat, but 122?! I can just see the scene, everyone in camp is cocooned into their 0 degree bags while you're sitting in your tent, sweating in your wife beater and boxers, having a cold beer and trying to cool off. :sombrero:

I'd like to see what you've done to the heater box. I noticed that AT modified the box they sell to improve access to the heater.

Glad you're happy with the heater.

Be safe out there!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
That's about how it went (laughing). I just made some covers for the intake and exhaust ports, the gas port and made a pouch to hold the thermostat and power wires (to keep them safe and secure). I also replaced the latches with a quieter cam lock latch and a cork gasket around the perimeter of the lid. Even added an AT badge to it to pay homage to its inventors. I also made a PVC storage tube for the ducting. (That mounts beneath the RTT)

mvbeggs

Adventurer
Congrats One Shot

One Shot took delivery of the Chaser yesterday. If his family gets half the enjoyment from her as we did, they will be blessed.

photo_edited-1_zps1f1b01d8.jpg

The Chaser looks like it was built to sit behind his FJ.

Good luck One Shot, and be safe out there.

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles