[SOLD] 1972 Series IIA Dormobile for Sale

nickt

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0009
UPDATE - It's sold - thanks for looking!
---

Hi,
Regrettably, I'm putting up my 1972 Land Rover Series IIA Dormobile up for sale. It's a great base vehicle that's in pretty good condition for a 41-year-old, but I've realized that I'm not going to have the time to perform the restoration I would love to do.

That said, it doesn't need a full restoration. Put a couple of $k into it, and you'll have a very useable weekend vehicle, as long as you don't plan to drive 80 mph everywhere.

It's a rare 2.6l 6 cylinder Series IIA, and also unusually it's a 1972 Series IIA as it was registered in the UK after the Series III became available. It's spent most of it's life in South Africa, and I discovered it in Nevada in 2008. It's a Right Hand Drive vehicle.

It comes with everything Dormobile, yes, including the kitchen sink! The only thing that's missing is the rear-door table. They may be available from Dormobile in the UK, who still supply a lot of the original Dormobile parts.

It's drivable, but recently developed a leaky petrol tank. The brakes need some work also, as they are currently more entertaining than I like… Get those fixed and give it a good service and you're good to go.

There's lots more info on my website - http://www.nickt.com/dormie, and there are lots of photos in the gallery. The original specs and the BMIHY ("Gaydon") Certificate are also on my website. You can download a PDF mini-brochure too.

Drop me an email - indigoprime@gmail.com - if you're interested and would like to find out more. I'm open to offers around $12,000.

The Dormobile has a clear Colorado title and is currently in storage in Golden, CO.

Nick.

Dormobile2010-08-29.jpg

Dormie260.jpg

Dormie266.jpg

Dormie252.jpg

Last edited:

Keyne

Adventurer
Gosh dormobiles are so immensely awesome; cant keep my eyes from viewing on the detailed photos. Wish I were in the market for one. Good luck with sale!

66Landy

Observer
This looks amazing! I wish I was in a position to make you an offer. I owned a '66 Dormy and loved it until I foolishly sold it. Best of luck with your sale and not regretting it down the road.

discodisco

Observer
I looked through all the pictures and I didn't see a picture of this beautiful vehicle set up with all seats up for driving? How is the configuration for for driving? Has the vehicle been sold yet?

TravelinLight

Observer
This Land Rover will change hands again and be on the way back to Denver to a Land Rover enthusiast (me) . I will start a new thread on my build up on a long range vehicle. It will mostly be used for trips around the Colorado / Wyoming areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles