Soon To Be Owner of H3T Alpha

I never thought I'd say this, but that is a beautiful Hummer. Just read the whole thread. Awesome job!

Thanks!!

I have done a tonne of work to the T, but failed to get pictures of everything ... I do however have one to post up that is pretty self explanatory, a new Hi-lift mount to the bed rack

qa5yba3a.jpg
azazapej.jpg

Just got back from a 7000km expo/road trip

The truck held up great and I have some minor improvement that I will be making for the next big trip

I have another big wheeling mod on its way, here are some clues as whats to come:

"I just placed and order for some fancy bits that will allow me to run single digit pressures when airing down!" So stoked!!

Sure did!
zu5y3y6e.jpg

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

Installed a ARB on board air system yesterday. Here is it's temporary position:
muhedu7a.jpg

It couldn't have been better timing! I picked up a screw in each left of my drivers side tires

Tire repair kit to the rescue!
gynatu6a.jpg

Well lots has happened since my last update and I'll try and do a catch up

After 7 months of sitting in my closet the delay is finally over and I will be mounting some MTR's on Hutchinson double beadlock wheels next week!! :wings:

The beadlocks I bought used off of Ebay needed alot of love! I don't fully understand how each wheel front and back was so full of oil, but they were and needed a good scrubbing to get clean.

Next after that was to clean all of the mounting surfaces(see picture below showing one side cleaned the other as it came). I guess this was more of a step for my own confidence, but I would hate to go through all the work of mounting the tires only to have a small leak some where!
43cc4e22b476312a883c3a777ab16734.jpg

I also ordered a brand new beadlock insert to replace one that had a gash in it & 4 of the lock ring nuts as I had one nut missing per rim (?)

Lastly I had to build two more TPMS brackets as they were missing on two of the inserts.

Now that everything is prepped and ready an apointment has been booked for the 24th to balance and mount them on the new to me MTR's!!!

I can't wait, and am so pumped that they will be ready for the Walker Valley OHV Trip!!!

Since I am now at 67,000 Miles I figured now would be a good time to get new spark installed as well, normally this is something that I would do myself, but I am going to be pressed for time next week getting everything ready for the Walker Valley hummer4x4offroad.com wheelin' trip so I am going to pay the shop to do that while they are doing the tires. This will free time up to make the changes that I want to the bedcage, mount the cage and RTT to the T and plumb in an air tank for my OBA setup.

Last week I also updated the front end with some LED turn signals, I made this update for a number of reasons, mostly though that they are far more noticable then the OEM signals. Secondly they get me one step closer to switching every light on the truck over to LED.

86ffa3731378a5b13e88f67eb8838b40.jpg

This week I pulled the roof rack down, removed the 40" Light bar and wind fairing, cleaned up the weld adn splatter (from flux-core welding) and repainted the whole thing.
Rack.jpg
I also ordered new light bar brackets that will allow me to run the bar without the wind fairing setup that I have had for the past year. It will also allow me to adjust things to be as low as possible keeping with the low-profile theme of the rack. here is the bracket, I wont be here for a few weeks:

bracket.jpg

Next week I'll also will be pulling the Sungtop Canopy back off, re-installing the the Bedcage and RTT, moving the ARB compressor & adding a 3 gallon Air tank to the OBA setup.

Lots of text, I know, next week will be Pic heavy I promise!

Mounted my Hutchinson's on some MTR's finally!!
It took me about 35 min to mount the first tire, but by the 4th one I got it dialed in after about 19 min
20150322_160637_zpssv1uzyyi.jpg

20150322_164243_zpsnv9ezzep.jpg

Couch and Dog for scale
20150322_182847_zpsnafembiu.jpg

They will be going to the tire shop tomrrow for a balance job then tested out on the weekend @ Walker Valley OHV!

Doesn't seem like there is much interest, but I'll update anyway.

I filled all the tires to 40psi and let them sit for a 24 hours to see if there were any air leaks, zip, zero, nadda! So happy that I managed to get them all to seal on the first try!

I then moved on to mounting the Hutchinsons on the T lastnight with 1.5" wheel spacers, and checked for clearance.... at full droop I make just enough contact with the side wall of the tire and the outter most point on the upper control arm that I am going to bump the spacing up to 1.75" for peace of mind.

If someone was to run these rims on a Rancho lifted rig they would likely be okay to run only 1.5" spacers if they are running smaller tires then I am (315/75r16's).

A local shop says they have the right sapcers for me, so I'll be heading to pick them up tonight after work, then will re mount the tires and take them in to get balanced.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
How can there be no interest! Isn't this just about the only H3T on EP? Awesome truck. Post a pic after you get the spacers installed. I bet you'll have a pretty aggressive stance.

chaos616

Adventurer
Cool Hutchisons, I really like mine, although mine are the steel H1 paired 24 bolt, eitherway same maker, they are a bit tough to get seated nicely, took me a whole day to get mine together but it was mostly because i was tired of using the torque wrench by the time i was done.

And yes, please post pictures with them on, very interested to see...Cheers!

Here she is, defiantly a aggressive stance, but it's quickly growing on me!
0b28481ccfde96a55772d5b92fe11c03.jpg

9adb952eb48f4c6956c50a3d7700ee89.jpg

This is as close as the tire gets to the upper control arm, when cycling the front suspension.
f0234d9e55a89190ea5b969cc4c60ba8.jpg

So far I have only driven it around the block to see how it felt and to listen for any rubbing, heard none and done see any signs of anymore rubbing either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz