Auction of Mercedes Vario 4x4 on 23rd Feb

Anton2k3

Adventurer
Lets put it to a vote....who thinks this thread should be deleted....along with all other mentions of cheap varios!?!

motrjay

2003 model for about €XX,XXX* with 138k km
2004 model for about €XX,XXX I think with 228k on the clock and
2002 model for exactly €XX,XXX with 95k km

The buyers of at least two of them were eastern Europeans. I think the last one was bought by an Irish guy. There were 2 other "non-dealers" looking at them. But generally the whole auction was traders. There were about 6-7 Unimogs also 140L 's I think. Not ideal for conversion.

*PM me for prices

They've already went up then, I got mine for around 6,000 euro 2 years ago.
Same auction 2 Unimogs 1997/1999 in good condition went for 5000 and 8000 respectively.

docka

Adventurer
I'm still skint, good luck the rest of you chaps if you decide to bid!

PS, i count 4 Varios!

Last edited:

Anton2k3

Adventurer
Hey Chaps,

Its been a while! I had my 3 week vacation in the UK, and of course spent some time performing some upgrades on the camper. I'll post that in my thread in a minute.

Ian, thanks for the info, unfortunately i'm not back in the UK until October-ish time now, i'll have to plan my holiday next March/April to coincide with an auction to make sure I get one of these (providing there are some left!). I would phone bid, but not sure they will be keen to let me leave it there for 6 months!

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
Hey Chaps,

Its been a while! I had my 3 week vacation in the UK, and of course spent some time performing some upgrades on the camper. I'll post that in my thread in a minute.

Ian, thanks for the info, unfortunately i'm not back in the UK until October-ish time now, i'll have to plan my holiday next March/April to coincide with an auction to make sure I get one of these (providing there are some left!). I would phone bid, but not sure they will be keen to let me leave it there for 6 months!

And I'm too strapped for time to go and eyeball this time

docka

Adventurer
Anyone know if there's an easy way of finding out how much this latest lot went for at the auction?

Last edited:

Anton2k3

Adventurer
I just called them, its not public knowledge, they said that as people tend to sell them on, they couldn't tell me what they went for.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles