Auction of Mercedes Vario 4x4 on 23rd Feb

docka

Adventurer
Hi Ian

Thanks for letting us know.
I'm still not ready to press the trigger on a new van yet but please keep us informed of future sales.
I've been following your and others updates, keep them coming!

Cheers
Joss

LukeH

Adventurer
Thanks for the heads up Ian,
such bad timing; a month before I leave my employer and receive my golden handshake :-(
damn!

Anton2k3

Adventurer
I'm very jealous of whoever does get to go! I was about to book flights but my wife reminded me its her birthday, so trip is vetoed. Hopefully the next one! Good luck to anyone who makes it there.

LukeH

Adventurer
I'm very jealous of whoever does get to go! I was about to book flights but my wife reminded me its her birthday, so trip is vetoed. Hopefully the next one! Good luck to anyone who makes it there.

HAHA! The supreme leader has spoken!
I feel you; I have much the same issue :)

surfer4life

Observer
Thanks for the heads up ian. Sorry to ask a silly question but does the DA mean 4x4? Thinking of updating my 614 to a newer model and obviously would go for a 4x4 if available.

If these are 4x4 can someone tell me how much less MPG they do than a standard?

I won't be able to get over there but would quite happily buy a vario blind of the price was right and try and get it delivered to west wales.

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
Yes DA = 4x4
Fuel consumption for me is about 18l/100km at 90KPH - This is on the very upper end due to the large Luton on my vehicle. Most people say they they're n the 15-17l/100KM range
Last time I was at these auctions (buying a Defender) the one Vario 814DA went for about 3,500 EURO

surfer4life

Observer
Thanks Ian, i have emailed the auction house, but i dont think they are a large outfit. I bought my current vario from a large auction (merthyr), had my own spotter and they delivered it, hopefully these guys can do the same.

Do they come in LWB as well? i have only seen MWB 4x4's

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
MWB (3.7m) only as far as I know - but it is possible to lengthen the chassis - Mercedes give howto instructions

LukeH

Adventurer
I bought my current vario from a large auction (merthyr), had my own spotter and they delivered it, hopefully these guys can do the same.

Intrigued. Many people think it's a fix. They ask you what your budget is and miraculously the vehicle turns out to gome to exactly that :)
How was your experience?

Sorry for the hijack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles