Garmin Glo or Bad Elf Pro, do I need one and which one is better?

NGUDE

Observer
one vote here for the new version of the bad elf pro+

http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Elf-2300-...F8&qid=1417148984&sr=8-2&keywords=bad+elf+pro

don't trust the star rating on amazon. the bad elf team is super responsive and the product is only months old on the market. the firmware is constantly being updated and as it stands right now is a super solid platform for pairing with an apple device.

i use this over the other options because i use the built in tracking feature while i'm out to save battery on my ipad / iphone. i only dump the tracks to my phone if i get lost and need to re-trace some steps.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I have used the Bad Elf Pro and Bad Elf for Lightning, which I really dig. Both have been flawless. The satellite acquisition time of the Lightning BE is sometimes a touch slow, but other than that, it has been great. I used it to navigate all over the backcountry of Iceland and it was very reliable. The Pro version is obviously more useful since it's wireless.

My experience with the Glo has been minimal, I dont see any reason to doubt it wouldn't work as well as all other Garmin unites.

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
I'm a Garmin GLO user and it's bullet proof. Fast satellite lock & accurate. Updates quickly. Connects easily to my iPad 2. Completely happy with it.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I bought the cheap ebay GPS receiver and it works great. and not a huge amount of money. If it lives only inside your rigs, then you would be fine with this one, if you want one that is waterproof, look elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles