Vario towbar kit for sale

Arfur's World

Observer
Hi all,

I have a towbar kit for sale, which I purchased in the hope it could be tweaked to my requirements, but it was a non-starter. It will fit a standard panel van, so if anyone needs one, let me know.

Cheers,

Martin

Arfur's World

Observer
I just tried to pull up the e-bay purchase but it has been archived already. I'll take some shots at the weekend and post them up

docka

Adventurer
I too am in the market for a tow bar, can i have second dibs:drool: Look forward to seeing the pics... Cheers

Arfur's World

Observer
No electrics, mechanicals only. It was from Aukup.de but they don't have it listed now :/ photos to come at the weekend when i get to the workshop. All play and no work makes Jack a broke boy :(

docka

Adventurer
Thanks. So what's the total towing capacity and how much are you wanting for it?
Cheers
Joss

Arfur's World

Observer
Hi Joss,
There is a pic that shows the ratings, I know the S value is max nose weight (150KG) and the D value (20Kn) relates to the max towing capacity, but what this actually equates to in relation to a Vario, I have no idea. And I'm nowhere near the manual to try and calculate figures, sorry.
As for cost, just looking to get back my outlay, so £180 would be thereabouts.
Martin

docka

Adventurer
Looking on the Aukup site it appears that the max towing weight of this towbar is 3300kg. Looking at the MB gross train weight spec of the LWB Vario it appears it can tow 7.5t although even if you have Grandfather rights on your licence like me (C1), you'll still be limited to 8.25t gross train weight unless you take your C1+E licence. So it looks to be in the right range. Ian has first dibs tho! Cheers

Last edited:

Arfur's World

Observer
Thanks for the extra info docka, I'd fall into the same limits as you. Out of interest, with Arfur being about 4.5 in his rubber boots and towing a caravan of 1.8 making a train of 6.3, if Arfur was full at 7.5 then I wouldn't have been able to tow the caravan without C+E?
DSCF2914.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior