plasti dip

outsidecurtisp

Observer
Plasti-Dip

Check out Dipyourcar.com. Then go to You Tube and watch some of the videos. It's pretty good stuff. I just finished spraying my Tentrax trailer lid in camo green. Pain in the butt because in California you cannot buy gallon cans. I had to use rattle cans. By the sixth can my finger was killing me.
I have nothing bad to say about it. If you don't like the color; just spray over it. When you want to go back to stock just peel it off. :ar15:

J

JWP58

Check out Dipyourcar.com. Then go to You Tube and watch some of the videos. It's pretty good stuff. I just finished spraying my Tentrax trailer lid in camo green. Pain in the butt because in California you cannot buy gallon cans. I had to use rattle cans. By the sixth can my finger was killing me.
I have nothing bad to say about it. If you don't like the color; just spray over it. When you want to go back to stock just peel it off. :ar15:

Shoulda got one o' these.....

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/val...oduct search&gclid=CNLD0Nu1wbUCFcdDMgoddRIAVQ

kingg5

Adventurer
this stuff is amazing, ive used it every winter to cover my wheels to stop any damage from salt!! peels off easily when you want to remove it! make sure you let it fully cure before putting it in the rain. Ive also used it to water proof my motor mount/battery tray for my inflatable pontoon. Worked wonderfully!

dnorrell

Adventurer
photo.jpg

Painting the center caps was my first experience and I found it to be a great one, and like the peel-it-off factor if I don't like it. I just wanted to break up all the silver and give the wheels a bit of a retro look. Works well with the retro black 'TOYOTA' logo I have on the tailgate now.

Great stuff. I used maybe 4 cans to dip my stock chrome step rails black. Now that I'm installing sliders, I plan on selling them so I'm in the process of removing the dip. It's pretty easy to get off as it is to put on, but it lasts. I recommend it.
-RFA

soonenough

Explorer
I also used it on my emblems; I was going to remove them and paint them but I got lazy and used plasti-dip; so far they're holding up surprisingly well after plenty of heat, cold, rain, and car washes.

s.jordan.m

Hey guys, thanks for all the input. I have a few more questions for you. How well have you found plasti dip to stand up to regular car washing? How easy is it to fix if it gets scratched? How does it compare to vinyl wrapping?

barlowrs

Explorer
Hey guys, thanks for all the input. I have a few more questions for you. How well have you found plasti dip to stand up to regular car washing? How easy is it to fix if it gets scratched? How does it compare to vinyl wrapping?

My emblems have been on for several years now, rocks, snow, mud, etc and still have not gotten scratched or chipped or peeling or anything. My hood blackout has been on for several months and is going strong. I give her a pressure wash spray down whenver i go through mud (i hate mud) to get the big chunks off, so its been through multiple pressure washes.

Its MUCH cheaper tahn vinyl and much easier, you can remove it, add it, etc whenver you want.

J

JWP58

Do you have a pic of your hood barlowrs? Im thinking of doing a black section on my hood, the silver can cause a hellation glare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94