Question about wiring electric brakes

Flashole

Adventurer
I just installed a new axle with electric brakes on my M416 trailer. I've looked at few wiring diagrams that I found online, but I'm still not exactly clear on how to wire them. The diagrams I've found, all show just one blue wire going to the axle brakes, however, there are two wires coming out of each side of the axle. Of course, neither are blue. There is one green wire and one brown wire on each side. Anybody have a simple explanation on how best to wire them?

Thanks!!

Flashole

Adventurer
This should help.

Yes, I've seen that. Unless I'm just reading that wrong, it shows one blue wire going to the axle, but as I said in my post, I have 2 wires coming out of each side of my axle, a green one and a brown one. So, I guess my question would be.....Do I hook the blue wire to the green one? The brown one? Both? Do I need to run the blue wire to both sides of the axle, or will just one side control both brakes?

ETA....I really like your trailer BTW.

Woods

Explorer
My brakes have two green wires. I don't think it matters, but knowing you have two different colors you should verify. Call the guy who sold you the brakes and please post what you hear.

Flashole

Adventurer
Ok, upon closer inspection, what I have is two green wires on each side coming from the hub/brakes. The two brown wires run through the axle to the other side and appear to be jumpers.

So, does one green wire go to the blue wire from the harness and the other go to ground? That would seem to make sense.

Pic
DSC00142.jpg

Woods

Explorer
Yes

Ok, upon closer inspection, what I have is two green wires on each side coming from the hub/brakes. The two brown wires run through the axle to the other side and appear to be jumpers.

So, does one green wire go to the blue wire from the harness and the other go to ground? That would seem to make sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz