Equipt's Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series For Sale

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Equipt's Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series For Sale SOLD! Thanks!

$18,000.00

Drivers Side 3.jpgDrivers Side 5.jpgPassengers Side 2.jpgPassengers Side 1.jpgDrivers Side Doors Open.jpgPassengers Side Doors Open.jpgRear Access 5.jpg

A Proven Overlanding Vehicle

Yep, it's true. Equipt is selling it's flagship vehicle. It is time to start a new project truck, so this 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser UZJ100 is up for sale. The 100 Series has been touted as the best platform for overlanding available on the market today. A combination of capability, comfort, capacity and quality that is tough to beat. We have taken this platform just about a far as you can in preparation for expedition travel. And we have proven its ability in North America, Mexico and Central America. It is built to be a world travel vehicle.

I have owned this truck for the last 12 years. It has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Though it has been used well, it has been maintained equally well and has the Ultimate Overlander's Laundry List of modifications. From heavy duty suspension, to dual batteries, to full interior build out including a National Luna fridge and hot water shower system, this truck has it. I would happily get in this vehicle today and drive to Ushuaia and back.

The odometer reads just over 268K on it, but it is far from worn out. We replaced the engine at 252K miles with a Japanese sourced 2UZFE. We replaced everything that could be a maintenance issue on the engine. Timing belt, water pump, full hose set, cleaned injectors, new radiator, plugs, etc. Just over $6K in replacement cost. The suspension is upgraded. We just replaced the rear springs to OME868s, the heavy ones. This is to carry the 45 gallon aux tank, bumper, drawers, fridge, and rack weight better. We have replaced brake pads and calipers as needed and have Toyota change the oil and filters regularly. The rear driveline was re-tubed and balanced last week. Anything that has required maintenance or replacement, we have taken care of with Toyota OEM parts.

We have a custom drawer and clamshell interior in the vehicle currently. But it is completely removable and we have the second and third row seats in storage. You can remove the clam shells and return the second row to the vehicle and keep the drawers in the back. Or you can remove the fridge slide and drawer set and return the third row too. A complete swap would only take a couple hours.

We will remove the Equipt decals at time of sale. The black below the door rail on the sides is vehicle wrap too. It can be removed if requested by purchaser.

This 100 has been our show truck for the last 6 years. I am very meticulous about it's upkeep inside and out. We just had it professionally detailed this week as well. Here is the list of modifications.

Suspension / Drivetrain
• 4.7L V8 EFI engine, replaced with Japan sourced used engine with 50K miles. New radiator, hoses, water pump, timing belt, etc.
• Rear and center factory differential locks
• 4.88 gears with ARB front air locker and compressor
• Front Runner auxiliary 45-gallon fuel tank, 72-gallon total capacity
• Old Man Emu 2.5-inch suspension lift with Old Man Emu Nitro shocks, longs on rear
• Old Man Emu 868 rear coil springs
• Old Man Emu heavy-duty front Torsion Bars
• Slee Off Road differential lowering kit
• BF Goodrich All Terrains, 295/75R16 on black powder coated factory rims

Electrical
• National Luna DIY dual battery system, w/ in cab remote controller
• Odyssey Main Battery
• Slee Off Road second battery tray with Diehard Platinum deep-cycle battery
• Dual Hella auxiliary fuse blocks, switched and unswitched
• Auxiliary Hella relay block
• Sirius XM Antenna
• Switched circuit for roof rack electrical
• Breaker controlled electrical for shower and compressor

Interior
• All available factory options
• Second and third row seating included
• Remote start / alarm
• Alpine IVA-W200 6.5cm double-din LCD DVD/CD/Ipod/Nav/Sat receiver
• Cobra 75WXST Sound Tracker CB mounted in front center dash
• Icom HM-133 two-meter VHF radio with remote face, located in front center console
• External speakers for both 2 Meter and CB radios
• Three auxiliary unswitched 12V power outlets
• Jeniko cockpit netbook mount
• Full PFran LED Interior Kit
• Custom, removable two-drawer, rear hatch storage system with fitment side panels
• Elevated fridge enclosure with Tembo Tusk Drop Down Fridge Slide with Cutting Board
• Drivers rear door clam shell for storage and dog bed platform
• Quick Fist flashlight mount on Drivers Side clam shell
• National Luna Weekender 50 Liter Split in Stainless Steel
• Passengers Side clam shell with 10 gallon water tank, 1.5 gallon electric hot water heater, pressure sensitive marine water pump, and shower nozzle.
• Outback Extreme Magnum Air Compressor in Passengers Side clam shell
• Cobra 800W peak 120V power inverter mounted on Passengers Side clam shell

Exterior
• ARB Sahara front bumper with IPF fog lights
• IPF 900S XD driving lights
• Warn M12000 winch with Viking Off Road Synthetic Line
• Custom 2 x 5 x 3/16-inch steel rock-sliders/steps
• ARB Rear Bumper with Dual Tire Swingouts
• Eezi-Awn K9 Roof Rack System, 2.2-meter length
• Front Runner rear wheel utility step
• ARB Safari Snorkel

There are a couple things to note, just for full disclosure. There is a small dent in the passengers side front wheel well where a hi lift tipped into it in my garage about 5 years ago. There is a small dent that looks like a door ding in the drivers side rear door. It is from a awning leg wrapping up and over the truck in a Baja beach wind gust. There is a small dent in the drivers side front door from a Guatamalan jungle track. No rust at any of these points. There is also a faint gear hum at about 60ph that has been there since the gear/ARB swap and lift over 100K miles ago. I have had it checked multiple times to ensure there is no problem. You have to really listen for it. I am sure there are other small things, but nothing of real significance.

I have enjoyed every minute in this truck. It will be missed greatly. Someone is going to get an incredible vehicle here.

Please comment or contact me by PM, email or phone if you have questions. Email or phone is best. I will do my best to answer all inquiries. More photos to come.

Paul@Equipt1.com

Thanks,

Last edited:

Sempertoy

Explorer
Wow. Can't believe this is for sale! Just a few years too soon for me. Good luck with the sale, but I'm sure you won't need it.

Equipt

Here are some shots of the bumpers and protection.

ARB Sahara front bumper with custom uprights for limb risers. There is a 12,000 lb Warn in there, with a remote switch wired into the center dash console. It is the red locking Carrington switch by the ARB swithes. Viking synthetic line. New fogs installed last year and IPFs on top.

Front Bumper 1.jpgARB Locker-Remote Winch Control.jpg

ARB rear bumper with integrated dual tire swing outs. It is a great bumper, with gas struts and easy to use latches. I have installed a shovel mount behind the tire with quick fists. The Front Runner Spare Tire Utility Steps make a great beer holder.

Rear Bumper 2.jpgRear Bumper 3.jpg

I designed and fabricated the sliders to look as close a possible to the factory steps as I could. They are bolted on, and made of 3/16" square tubing. Able to pivot the truck on these fully loaded.

Drivers Side Slider.jpgPassengers Side Slider.jpg

Last edited:

FlyJester

Adventurer
I wish I was in the market to purchase right now, that is a great rig. Sorry to see that you are parting with it Paul, but I'm excited to see what you are replacing it with, any ideas? Whatever you build up, make sure it has room for the Lone Warrior Saloon!

jonharis

Very nice Paul. A fine example of a 100 series. I wouldn't mind having a white one to complement my black one but Tiff won't have it! GLWS!

That price infuriates me knowing how much I've sunk into mine :). I see $18k in upgrades alone in the photos. Anyone want a free 100 series with a new motor?

Last edited:

Gokracer1

Adventurer
Wow, I am selling my 100 Series also, But had to think twice about this one!
That is what I was looking up to when I got mine. What a great vehicle!

GLWS, someone is going to get some goodies!

nwoods

Expedition Leader
OMG! and I am in the market....at the end of March! Paul, as a fellow tall man, can we work a deal?

Equipt

Thanks for all the comments guys. They are much appreciated. Praise from the ExPo community means a lot to me.

I have a project in mind, but what fun would it be to tell you now! Guess you will have to wait and see.

Here are a few shots of the interior of the truck.

LCD Dbl Din-Netbook Stand.jpgDBC-HAM-CB.jpgARB Locker-Remote Winch Control.jpgRear Locker-Aux Tank-Lights.jpgJeniko Netbook Mount.jpgUnswitched 12V Outlets.jpg

Equipt

OMG! and I am in the market....at the end of March! Paul, as a fellow tall man, can we work a deal?

Everything costs more in 2XL. :O) Just kidding. Actually, there is an offer pending and a couple inquiring minds. I'll see what happens there and let you know.

Thanks,

Equipt

that does look nice interested in a 84 Defender 110?

I love 110s. I had a SIIA RHD 109 for a couple years. And I have spent some time with them in southern Utah. But alas, I am getting soft. Comfy and quick is my realm. Thanks though.

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Sad to see her go....On the flip side....What is the next platform you have your eyes on?

x2. I always assumed this would be a part of the Equipt family forever. I'll look forward to whatever you choose next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste