Snowpeak frustration, any alternatives????

khronus79

Adventurer
For about two years now, I've tried to get a hold of a couple (2, preferably 3) Baja Burner LI stoves. I've checked their website and other vendor's websites constantly hoping to get my hands on them but with no luck. I own an IGT 4 standing table, both of their BBQ units and some of their cookware and only need the stoves to complete my set.
However, I'm tired of waiting for the units to become available and since they haven't been able to do a production run in the past few years, I really doubt they'll be able to do anything in the upcoming years.
Originally I had planned to have 2 setups, one with 1 stove and my double BBQ box and the other with 2 stoves and my single BBQ box, but it looks like I'll have to throw those ideas out the window.
Are there any other options out there that will work with the snow peak IGT system??? any recommendations on different setups(get rid of the IGT table)???
I really like the design and slickness of snowpeak, anything similar out there????

khronus79

Adventurer
About 3 months ago, out of stock. Gave them all my info to contact me as soon as they were available, still waiting........

Honu

lost on the mainland
Check this out :)
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...Peak-reviews-and-tweaks?p=1093763#post1093763

Instead of getting 3 baja setups maybe try what I did ?

The partner is really nice for a dual setup

For about two years now, I've tried to get a hold of a couple (2, preferably 3) Baja Burner LI stoves. I've checked their website and other vendor's websites constantly hoping to get my hands on them but with no luck. I own an IGT 4 standing table, both of their BBQ units and some of their cookware and only need the stoves to complete my set.
However, I'm tired of waiting for the units to become available and since they haven't been able to do a production run in the past few years, I really doubt they'll be able to do anything in the upcoming years.
Originally I had planned to have 2 setups, one with 1 stove and my double BBQ box and the other with 2 stoves and my single BBQ box, but it looks like I'll have to throw those ideas out the window.
Are there any other options out there that will work with the snow peak IGT system??? any recommendations on different setups(get rid of the IGT table)???
I really like the design and slickness of snowpeak, anything similar out there????

dblosch

Adventurer
Was worth a shot I guess. Darn, now I wish I would have picked up my second one when REI had them on the shelf.

Jet111111

Camping Expert
I totally understand your frustration in waiting for the Baja Burner stove. We've had some significant delays due to very strict testing standards required in Japan. I've asked Japan for an updated ETA and will post once I hear back. Sorry again. Have you tried Paul from Equipt? I know he had a few units when I last spoke to him. Again I'm really sorry!!

tibfibber

Observer
Thanks for the info. Does the additional testing/production delays mean that there is a new version of the Baja Burner?

Jet111111

Camping Expert
No we're not making any major changes to the stove. The Japanese agency, JIA requires that every gas product produced is tested. This is one of the strictest test in the world for gas products. With our latest production run we found that we had to make some slight changes to meet some updates to their testing policy. The JIA standard for testing makes Snow Peak stoves some of the most safest and reliable stoves in the world. Each and every stove produced is tested as it comes off the production line. For sales of stoves in the US we don't have a testing standard like this but it is our companies policy to manufacture stoves that meet the JIA testing standard.

Jet111111

Camping Expert
I did email Paul at Equipt on your behalf to see if he had any so I'll let you know if I hear back. Also I've emailed my colleagues in Japan to see when we can expect the next shipment to arrive and I'll get back to you then.

khronus79

Adventurer
I totally understand your frustration in waiting for the Baja Burner stove. We've had some significant delays due to very strict testing standards required in Japan. I've asked Japan for an updated ETA and will post once I hear back. Sorry again. Have you tried Paul from Equipt? I know he had a few units when I last spoke to him. Again I'm really sorry!!
Thank you, for taking the time to post a reply here, and please keep us updated, I'm sure I'm not the only one trying to get my hands on snowpeak products.
I did tried Equipt, that's where I got my other snowpeak stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles