Building Camper for Small Pickups

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Sign shops (commercial ones) get used by the build-your-own-teardrop crowd as a source for sheet aluminum. Usually can be had in different colors as well.

Goober

Adventurer
Going to put the paneling in and then the flooring this weekend. Maybe I can find some linoleum that looks like old wood flooring.
IMG_1114a.jpg

Goober

Adventurer
You should see under the newspaper which I laid down to protect the floor paint from panel glue in case I dribbled some. It was Sundays paper and the ink was too fresh, when I looked under it after installing the panel I could read the transfered print on the floor. Maybe I should get a drop cloth, :rolleyes:

Looking good! I want to build a camper exactly like this. There isn't a single camper on the market in this shape/size but I believe its perfect for the Tacoma. Just enough to keep warm and dry at night and maybe play a game of cards. What are you going to use on the outside?

Goober

Adventurer
What are you glueing with? Wood glue, Epoxy? Do you plan to use foam or fiberglass to insulate with. Looking at Glen L's gallery I see folks have used both.
Using Titebond III for glue and I haven't settled on insulation yet.

Looking good! I want to build a camper exactly like this. There isn't a single camper on the market in this shape/size but I believe its perfect for the Tacoma. Just enough to keep warm and dry at night and maybe play a game of cards. What are you going to use on the outside?

Probably going to use aluminum.

Here's an interesting company making shells.
http://belairshells.com/camping_shells

Goober

Adventurer
Fitting in the pieces.

Bed platform in open position. Commode lid down, there will be a cabinet door on front.
IMG_1235a.jpg

Open cabinet door, raise the lid up.
IMG_1236a.jpg

Bed platform slides back for seating.
IMG_1237a.jpg

Now I gotta figure out the computer workstation.

This camper could be configured with a full queen bed, eliminate the cabinets, put a second bed slider on the other side and have the whole thing for the bed with the storage underneath. Think of all the fun you could have in there! :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles