Building Camper for Small Pickups

Goober

Adventurer
Plumbing finished and tested. Just needs to be road tested now. I placed the water fill inside because I didn't want to try cutting a hole In the side of the camper and there wouldn't be any frame around it anyway, would've been through the Styrofoam, but besides being tamper proof I can see the tank level while filling it. I bought a Camco water tank filler with shutoff valve, a must for the inside filler and for the travel trailer no more scurrying back to the house faucet when the trailer tank over flows.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/water-tank-filler-with-shut-off-valve/4674

20150125_141812a.jpg

IMG_4271a.jpg

Last edited:

Goober

Adventurer
Worked on the water tank cabinet putting shelves in. There's a left over piece in back of the top shelf from when this was a coat closet. Couldn't remove it without damaging the wall.

IMG_4308a.jpg

I installed the tank vertical instead of horizontal so I'd have a space to store the camp table.
IMG_4311a.jpg

Camp_Table-1.jpg

notes4jim

great project

Thanks much! I built a small pop-up camper for my Datsun, back in 1981. Yesterday, I drew plans for a camper for my (full size) Silverado pickup; today I found your thread. If I do build, your pictures and write-up will save loads of time! Your exterior is almost identical to my design (widows & dimensions differ slightly due to truck size). Thanks very much . . . I have a ton of questions to ask (I hope I won't be a pain).

MJinCO

We saw some pretty slick molded fiberglass ones made in France that went on their version of a Toyota Hilux, the pre Tacoma. I'll look around for some pics. One was in Cartegena and the other in Mexico City. They were both 4 cyl diesel 4x4's.

Hags

Looking to build something like this for my 2011 Taco. It will need to be a cab over sleeper though. I have to pull a boat to fish here in Oregon. Very good write up, pics, and ideas. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior