Foxwing Awning and full enclosure on M416

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
I'm planning on attaching a Foxwing to my M416 using the Adventure Trailer awning brackets. Has anybody done this yet? Wondering if the AT brackets are sturdy enough to support the Foxwing's weight. If so, photos would be great! Also during a google image search, I found you can now get a full enclosure for the awning, which would help solve a main complaint about the wind catching the bottom side of the awning.

buderara.jpg

However, I can't find this enclosure on the OZ Tent site, just some Chinese site where you have to order in mass quantities. Anybody know where to order the full enclosure for the Foxwing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

codename607

Adventurer
I'm sure either but I've been looking now for a couple weeks. I also came across this pic after a goggle search...that thing is awesome.

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Typically, yes. However, AT makes height adjustable awning brackets. I may just make a pair myself though. This allows you to set the awning height to your preference, or even add a pitch to it for water runoff in the relentless PNW rain we get.

biskit

Adventurer
The Foxwing zipper connecting sides have a slope to them and no window openings, which i think are better than those Chinese made ones. I would like some though, i only have 4 none connecting ones.:drool:Foxwing are probably made in China anyway.

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
I called and spoke to a rep at Rhino Rack USA. He said they have some new items coming out this spring, including a mesh wall enclosure and a tent that works in conjunction with the Foxwing. But, he was unfamiliar with the full enclosure as shown in the photos, and thinks it's a one off somebody might have had made. Unless its an item only available in Australia.

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
On second thought, I think I will save the $430 + shipping on the AT awning brackets, and do this.....

yga4yru5.jpg

a9u4edat.jpg

supe8u6a.jpg

zede7ypu.jpg

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I have one in stock and should be able to get the enclosure I know they only ship two or three times a year. Let me know what you need and I will get the information on them. I am putting two FoxWings on my new trailer for total coverage. But the inclosures sheets are not the most economically priced, but make a heck of get away campsite.

Bob
951 692 0958 or 909 841 9532

Truly good idea no question

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
The more research I did, I found numerous knock off awnings very similar to the Foxwing design. As I look at the photo I posted again and with Foxwing personally telling me they know nothing about the full enclosures (stateside anyway); I'm beginning to think the first photo posted is not a Foxwing, but another manufacturer. Just for fun, post up or shoot me a message with a quote on a full enclosure for the Foxwing if there even is such a product. Thanks.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Enclosure

I do not think they make a full enclosure, meaning foors and walls attached. They are only walls that connect to each other and they are ordered for each panel specific, or at least I think so.

I will pm you the information this evening.

Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94