Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

mouse007

Explorer
Few buddy's and I, planing the next trip for 2017.

squad.jpg

Patrollife

Explorer
I made a two-part series of my trek into the Guatemalan jungle. We drove an FJC and Patrol GQ to Dos Lagunas in Peten. Hope you will check out the vids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2scars

Adventurer
I made a two-part series of my trek into the Guatemalan jungle. We drove an FJC and Patrol GQ to Dos Lagunas in Peten. Hope you will check out the vids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow to think that started by going to Shoe Creek and Flagpole Knob. I camp there all the time and only led me to Moab:)

Looks absolutely awesome!!

Patrollife

Explorer
Wow to think that started by going to Shoe Creek and Flagpole Knob. I camp there all the time and only led me to Moab:)

Looks absolutely awesome!!

Shoe Creek and Flagpole made for some good training :) .... sounds like for the both of us. Moab isn't a walk in the park either!

This trip to Dos Lagunas tested a lot of the skills and knowledge we gained from past experiences. The bead on the FJ came out 3 or four times. 17" wheels on a 295 tire without beadlocks don't make for good serious off-roading. Lesson-learned there. I'd say the equipment we used the most on this trip was: hi-lift, air compressor, shovel, D-rings, recovery straps, and maxtrax. These items saved our butts countless times. Oh....and a lot of patience.

Burma Shave

Few pics of a recent short trip to the Alsace / Vosges mountains, I took my son and my pooch Spike. Winter camping is a big NO NO for my wife and the girls!
Unfortunately there was not much snow, but two days after we had returned it started snowing big time! Murphy's law! We will try our luck again in February.

IMG_0007_zpsquagknpc.jpg

IMG_0009_zpswww7ircn.jpg

My new Alucab rooftent is just about the right size for my son, the pooch and me! Extremely comfortable, the best mattress I ever saw in a rooftent, very easy to open and close. The more so, it seems to be really sturdy!

IMG_0129_zpsyh4fzpqh.jpg

View out of the rooftent in the early morning

IMG_0164_zpsueimk86f.jpg

Driving back into the valley to fetch rolls and croissants from the local baker.

IMG_0054_zpscb95rs9w.jpg

IMG_0073_zpsjylbwsbj.jpg

We visited the old town of Eguisheim, which is quite nice!

IMG_0170_zpscrkcosuf.jpg

The Hilux with the new rooftent.

IMG_0157_zpswgeuqwgr.jpg

IMG_0156_zpsb3w4fae4.jpg

Some off road driving in the snow at night time!

JLed79

Friday the 13th. Of January. Wishing it was at least April. Can't wait to get back out there! Some changes to the rig since my last upload. It got taller and some better hiking boots. This thing behind it decided it wanted to tag along too.
295ffddbb634eace8a0be412cf5709f7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior