Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Here is my 2004 Taco...

I don't wheel this much, mostly work/road trip truck. For off-roading I have a Nissan! :victory:

taco.sized.jpg

taco9.sized.jpg

taco12.sized.jpg

I have done a bunch of stuff to it since I bought it 2yrs ago...TRD S/C, URD 7th injector, headers, Icon/TotalChaos/Deaver lift, ect ect ect. Putting in an Engel 46qrt fridge very soon and getting it ready for a long trip south of the border....
Wow, that Taco is flat out gorgeous!!!!! Nice truck mate. I love those rims and along with the ARB it all just looks so perfect. Those are my favorite Taco's (the first Quad cabs we got) and yours is no exception, again NICE truck mate. It looks like the perfect thing to go get the Nissan in ;)

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

Adventurer
Here is my 2004 Taco...

I don't wheel this much, mostly work/road trip truck. For off-roading I have a Nissan! :victory:

taco.sized.jpg

taco9.sized.jpg

taco12.sized.jpg

I have done a bunch of stuff to it since I bought it 2yrs ago...TRD S/C, URD 7th injector, headers, Icon/TotalChaos/Deaver lift, ect ect ect. Putting in an Engel 46qrt fridge very soon and getting it ready for a long trip south of the border....

Nice truck! What wheels are you sporting there? :costumed-smiley-007

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Wow, that Taco is flat out gorgeous!!!!! Nice truck mate. I love those rims and along with the ARB it all just looks so perfect. Those are my favorite Taco's (the first Quad cabs we got) and yours is no exception, again NICE truck mate. It looks like the perfect thing to go get the Nissan in ;)

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave....this is also my favorite Taco body style. I could have bought a new Taco for as much as I have in this one! But I wanted a 2004 crew cab in green or black. I don't like the interior (dash) or the wheel wells on the new Tacos. This body style reminds me much more of the Hilux which I like. I also like the grill on this gen. of Taco. I picked it up in Bend, Oregon from a dealer after looking all over the western USA to find it. She is pretty fast and handles well, a lot of fun to drive. Great on road trips, it passes slow drivers awesome!

Here is a close up of the powder coat we used on everything. I really like this powder coat, it is one of my favs. Had to burn off the black powder coat to do this.

taco2.sized.jpg

I am not sure exactly what brand the rims are. Just plain jane 16" aluminums. We powder coated them to match the bar work. Sliders & rear bumper made by CBI off-road.

I will post a couple more pics once it is all set up for the long road trip....

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
another wyomingite!

nice truck. i live in powell. and we killed your highschool's football team last friday night!:elkgrin:

Thanks Dave....this is also my favorite Taco body style. I could have bought a new Taco for as much as I have in this one! But I wanted a 2004 crew cab in green or black. I don't like the interior (dash) or the wheel wells on the new Tacos. This body style reminds me much more of the Hilux which I like. I also like the grill on this gen. of Taco. I picked it up in Bend, Oregon from a dealer after looking all over the western USA to find it. She is pretty fast and handles well, a lot of fun to drive. Great on road trips, it passes slow drivers awesome!

Here is a close up of the powder coat we used on everything. I really like this powder coat, it is one of my favs. Had to burn off the black powder coat to do this.

taco2.sized.jpg

I am not sure exactly what brand the rims are. Just plain jane 16" aluminums. We powder coated them to match the bar work. Sliders & rear bumper made by CBI off-road.

I will post a couple more pics once it is all set up for the long road trip....

Rudyard

Yeah Rudyard that is flat out awesome. I love older gen quad-cab p/u's. It's funny how long it took Toyota to realize that we Americans might like those... Good luck on teh TD swap, and keep us in the loop. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to see more of your truck eh.

On a side note, is Rudyard your name mate? Or could it be refference to Rudyard Kippling??? I loved reading his stories of the Elephants and the great dark Limpopo River as a child... IF that's your name that is one cool name I must say ;)

Cheers

Dave

Hi everybody, as Dave said Rudyard is my real name and myparents choose it from Kippling....

NEWS:

I bought two days ago the engine fro my truck is a Toyota model 3CT, the engine is know coming from Iquique(north Chile) to Puerto Varas where I lived to the swap, poor engine around 3.000kms on a bus.
I am looking to buy a Transmission + transfer from 5 speed do that mine is only 4.

I will keep you updated, in case anyone wants to travel to Chile and needs anything just let me know.

regards

Rudyard

freeze

Adventurer
Very Very nice Freeze! And tell Tent to watch our website......we now have a offering for a FJC rear..... Have you seen Colin's?

Thanks mr. trd. I'll let him know, he's running an ARB in the rear but is noticing the clearance issue with their bumpers. I haven't seen Colin's yet! I think one of our guys is picking his rear bumper up sometime this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94