Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
This is the Camel...a spartan, no-frills, bone-stock '86 Hilux 22RE 4x4 long bed single cab, with a gardener's rack for surfboards, cheapo AT's, and an affable demeanor.

"Sorry, honey, there's only two seats, and well, that's where the beer cooler goes."
IMG_3631.jpg
Nice truck. I think my "SUper Turtle" would love to meet your "Camel" (perfect name BTW) ... Just shows what you can do with a nearly bone-stock Toyota. Love it mate. Keep on exploring...

CHeers

DAve

blakeape

Adventurer
PB290010.jpg
[/IMG]
PB290013.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
P7190002.jpg
[/IMG]

1988 V6, 5spd, 232k, 4runner, 33x10.50 KM2's, 4.88's, homemade sliders and rear bumper with swing-out. 1998 3.4 and 1985 solid axle in the shop!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Beauty of a truck mate. Looks like my trucks twin eh (except mine doesn't have the stripes)... Gotta love those 1st Gen 4Runners, far and away one of the coolest, toughest 4x4's ever brought to our shores (N.America) Love the truck... BRING ON MORE PICS OF'ER

Cheers

Dave

oxi

Adventurer
When I reached the last switchback in the Tacoma, I got out and was up to my waist! It was deceiving because the Tacoma floats above the first 1' to 1.5' of snow. :26_7_2:

Hey Freeze, how are the uni-balls holding up in the harsh winters up there?

I live in Wisconsin and they use a lot of salt/beet juice and sand and was wondering if the uni-balls would hold up vs. ball joints that are well protected?

I could design a boot for the uni-balls but just wondering. I have a 2010 Tacoma AC with mods listed below...

freeze

Adventurer
holy snow!! great vid!

Hey thank you Eric! It was a great little day.

Hey Freeze, how are the uni-balls holding up in the harsh winters up there?

I live in Wisconsin and they use a lot of salt/beet juice and sand and was wondering if the uni-balls would hold up vs. ball joints that are well protected?

I could design a boot for the uni-balls but just wondering. I have a 2010 Tacoma AC with mods listed below...

Hey that's a great question..

They really don't like the weather here. I usually change them every spring. I also think it's from the wet salty roads, over night it'll freeze inside the cup, then first crank of the steering wheel it messes up the teflon inside. The steering heims last for two years. The suspension balls last for about 1.2 years.

Working on a solution would be most excellent! There's a dust shield that you can get for them but they're really not that great for moisture. Some sort of gore-tex bootie would be great. Just trying to figure out how to get it to seal up and not get ripped up from all the travel.

McFly2003

Adventurer
Bruce...

long time lurker, first time poster. This is my '01 sport, Bruce. Bought last february bone stock and has progressed to what you see here. tons more planned in the near future! I love this truck and wouldn't trade it for the world.

deckplate mod/k&n drop in.
toytec front coilovers with the heavy springs
rear OME 891/bilstein 5150
SS panhard
20% tint all around on top of factory.
DRL's disabled
Shrockworks front
IPF 900xs driving lights (100w bulbs going in this week)
Goodyear Duratrac 267/75. (only had these on for a few days and so far they have been amazing)

waiting to go on:snorkel, custom baja rack, rigid ind. LED bar, winch, tundra brakes etc.

Also many more pics to come!

163218_917709406512_68107628_46004006_7654823_n.jpg

165261_920600333072_68107628_46096206_5657440_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles