Dakota Definity M/T

BurbanAZ

Explorer
I have been running Yokohama Geolander A/Ts in 265/75/r16 for the last few years and like them alot but they do struggle a little in the mud and dont do great in snow. I have gotten a new car so now the Suburban is just for trips and offroading so id like to get a more aggressive tire. I have someone that will sell me 4 Dakota Definity M/T in 285/65/r16 for 350 bucks. They have 10k and are a 14/32" (17/32" new) tread depth. All the reviews i read on them are really good. Anyone have any experience with them or know anything about them? I was going to go with the treadwrights but id still feel better if i didnt go with a re tread.

http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/showproduct.php?product=714

eggman918

Adventurer
I ran them for about 15,000 miles before the 390 in my '68 f-250 CrewCab sucked a valve,and I liked them the truck tipped the scales at #7,800 and they wore fairly well.
performance in mud wasn't bad and would have been better If the truck weighed less they handled snow OK and the Forest Service roads in the Sierra Nevada Mtns and BLM trails in the Mojave were no problem.
I would still be running them but the three years it took to do the Cummins swap was hard on them.Why does $hit always break when I have new tires and a full tank of fuel:eek:

BurbanAZ

Explorer
Thanks, glad to hear they worked pretty well for you. The guy sent me pics and they look almost new so I'm going to buy them and give them a try and worst case scenario I'll still have my A/Ts if I cant stand them for some reason. It does seem like something major always breaks with new tires and a full tank lol. Like how every time a fuel pump goes out its sitting in a completely full tank of fuel.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I ran them for about 15,000 miles before the 390 in my '68 f-250 CrewCab sucked a valve,and I liked them the truck tipped the scales at #7,800 and they wore fairly well.
performance in mud wasn't bad and would have been better If the truck weighed less they handled snow OK and the Forest Service roads in the Sierra Nevada Mtns and BLM trails in the Mojave were no problem.
I would still be running them but the three years it took to do the Cummins swap was hard on them.Why does $hit always break when I have new tires and a full tank of fuel:eek:

I don't recall seeing a thread or any pics of your truck. Maybe post something on it in the full size forum. You will get a lot of people excited!

I have a set of Dakota Definity A/T's and they have done well on soft sand, slick rock, snow and ice, wet roads, and even did OK (but not good) in some seriously slippery mud. So far they are wearing pretty decent considering the amount of rocks and stuff they have carried me over (we drove from S.C. to Moab, all over the rocks, and back). I wouldn't hesitate to try out a set of their M/T's, especially for a good deal.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
I have a set of Dakota Definity A/T's and they have done well on soft sand, slick rock, snow and ice, wet roads, and even did OK (but not good) in some seriously slippery mud. So far they are wearing pretty decent considering the amount of rocks and stuff they have carried me over (we drove from S.C. to Moab, all over the rocks, and back). I wouldn't hesitate to try out a set of their M/T's, especially for a good deal.

Good to know. I'm going to be getting them tomorrow and so far from what I've read and heard the Dakota tires are pretty decent especially for the price. I read that their made by Cooper so I hope their quality is as good as the other Cooper tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier