For Sale: 2003 Nissan Xterra Turbo Diesel

roninjiro

Explorer
For Sale or Trade/Partial Trade: 2003 Nissan Xterra Turbo Diesel (se trim)

Description: 4wd Xterra with:
TD27T Turbo diesel conversion completed with around 8k miles on the swap (all metal fabricated together was TIG welded)
Mechanically injected (tune as you please, currently boosting 20psi)
3" AC arctiulator suspension lift
Front and rear Shrockworks bumpers
No dents in the body/bumpers/undercarriage (except replaced driver fender there is a small dent near the headlight)
A/C blows cold
New dual core radiator
New external transmission cooler
New water pump
New belts
New fully custom 2.5" exhaust (done by me and TIG welded together)
SE Trim
Bragging rights/trail worthy/streetable
This is my daily driver 30 miles a day so miles only go up from this post.
Current TX inspection after the conversion
Current TX registration as well
I average 23mpg without a proper tune (should be capable of high 20's/low 30's)
Manual glow plug circuit
factory tint
transmission default shifts
winch was removed
New tires/alignment (tires at 70-80%)

Known Problems:
Headliner needs to be reupholstered
trail driving scratches (clearcoat scratching)
interior has no tears, but is worn. (driver seat is close to worn tearing on the bottom cushion cover)
Time for front CV shafts
Stock Tachometer was the only thing in the conversion I did not finish to get working
No cruise control (did work after the conversion but I broke the cable)
Drivers seat belt does not retract all the way
Front windows are a little slow to come back up
No radiator shroud

custom (24).jpg

431797_10152805978400564_1437303227_n.jpg

946157_392264387553740_290645968_n.jpg

Link to my photo album of the xterra Here

PRICE is $15k Also will take trades or partial trades in consideration

Last edited:

Abitibi

Explorer
I'm surprised no one shows more interest in this rig! Every time I drive down south in my Diesel Patrol people tell me how lucky I am and how much they'd love to have a diesel in their SUV. I think your truck is well priced given all the extras.

Nice truck and best of luck with the sale!

Cheers,
Mr. D

baja5337

Observer
Maybe there is interest. I love it but sadly in Salt Lake City I would never be able to register it due to emissions laws

roninjiro

Explorer
It just amazes me, if this were a cruiser or yota and first turbo diesel I don't think it would have a problem selling. Especially for the price. I thought making a full build thread, part number catalog, daily driving it and so forth would show its worth.

I was asked if the title was stated as an diesel. I guess I may have to get that changed to ensure a sale at the real value of the truck so people interested with hard emission county's could purchase it with zero inspection hassles.

Thank you guys for your input!

Last edited:

LifeOverland

Adventurer
I'm surprised about the eBay bidding as well. But, as you said, if it were a Cruiser it would be long gone! I'd totally give you the eBay price! :smiley_drive:

roninjiro

Explorer
The ebay auction was a complete failure. Big thanks to Roger, I was able to put a fender he supplied on that has zero holes in it (driver's side) today. I will be taking off the front and rear bumpers to lower the price down as well.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Hey man, good luck with the sale.

Having sold a custom engine coversion Westfalia last year, I can understand the sale taking so long. You read on the forums all day long about how people want to do the conversion, or want a diesel in your case, but when it comes time to sell, interested buyers are nowhere to be found.

Stick to your guns on the price if it is a fair price, and remember that it only takes one buyer!

Good luck again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94