Project L322 ???? Yay or Nay ?

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
We are toying with the idea of building up an L322. What do you guys think?

Poser shot

photo-7-6_zpsc9429456.jpg

If we do go forward sliders will be the first thing.

photo-6-6_zpsa96ddce5.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
I think any serious modifications to that car actually ruins it. Maybe a 20mm lift with the ID Tool and some slightly larger and more durable all terrains.

I really enjoy my RR MKIII, but keep it essentially stock.

However, a project like this could be an interesting test of the platform and how it responds to those modifications. A set of the aluminum sliders would be nice.

Eniam17

Adventurer
I think an L322 build would be really cool. I enjoy watching older and newer Rovers alike being modified for specific off road applications whether it's overlanding, playing in the mud on the weekends, or whatever the case may be. As Rovers age and evolve we as enthusiasts have to do the same so I bet many will find the build helpful.

jdholder

Explorer
Already done.

Mine has a 2 " lift using strut spacers in the front and airbag and shock spacers in the rear. 275/65/18 Goodyear Duratrac's, custom rear bumper with spare tire carrier, two Jerry cans and high lift jack/shovel mount. Rack with 50" Rigid LED light bar. Dual battery system, CB, aluminim transmission skidplate, Mantec under engine skidplate and custom sliders.

It's one of the best trucks I've every driven both onroad and off.

LR Max

Local Oaf
Something setup to handle forest roads and light stuff would be quite baller. Just add some armor, put some hard corners on it, and a few other little goodies. Doesn't need a rack, 35" tires, or anything like that.

spikemd

Explorer
I think any serious modifications to that car actually ruins it. Maybe a 20mm lift with the ID Tool and some slightly larger and more durable all terrains.

I really enjoy my RR MKIII, but keep it essentially stock.

However, a project like this could be an interesting test of the platform and how it responds to those modifications. A set of the aluminum sliders would be nice.

Definitely! Prices are dropping quickly.

I agree with Scott. It is quite capable with just a few modifications.

Check out this one at Hollister Hills. If I remember correctly, it had a computer lift and 33inch tires.
MORG_Aug12_disco_l322_lr3.jpg
(He has to keep the steps on for his wife. Unfortunately they are not sliders.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior