MG Metalworks Van Build

RickM

Observer
I also love the switches also.

Part of the reason I have enjoyed following your build, is that your attention to making things look factory is key. I am always impressed with what guys are doing with their vans, but I am also a fan of trying to do stuff that looks like it might have come off the assembly line looking that way. To each his own I realize, but that is my personal taste. I like what you are doing as it looks factory. Keep it up.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I also love the switches also.

Part of the reason I have enjoyed following your build, is that your attention to making things look factory is key. I am always impressed with what guys are doing with their vans, but I am also a fan of trying to do stuff that looks like it might have come off the assembly line looking that way. To each his own I realize, but that is my personal taste. I like what you are doing as it looks factory. Keep it up.

Ditto!

mgmetalworks

Explorer
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Delays in projects for legitimate reasons I can live with. A delay caused by outright incompetence makes me raging mad!

The new-in-the-box NV273 was delivered today. Main case is broken in two spots. Why? Because the dumb F who packaged it doesn't realize that a 136lbs transfer case can't be put loosely in a square box without some packing material around it to keep it from bouncing around. Honestly... $10 of packing material would have saved a ton of time and money for all involved. Why do people half azz everything these days?

20150520_165448 (576x1024).jpg

There's a nice little crack in the main case under here that goes far enough in that what little fluid is inside is leaking out.

20150520_165538 (576x1024).jpg

So part of my drive train progress is stalled until this gets resolved with the seller/UPS. Good thing I have all kinds of extra time to deal with other's incompetence. :rolleyes:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
What a
wooden_tool_box.jpg
Sorry to hear MG. :(
Contact me if you need more to-do's in the meantime.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Knockin' stuff off of the 'to-do' list... Power steering pump relocation requires a new bracket so I made up a part in Solidworks today, 3D printed it and mounted it up for a test fit. This location will work out just fine. (clearances look tight in the pics but there's tons of room)

DSC_0773 (800x536).jpg

DSC_0770 (800x536).jpg

DSC_0771 (800x536).jpg

The actual part will be made of steel but this plastic prototype is rigid enough to put the belt on and release the tensioner. 3D printers sure are handy for this sort of thing.

The belt length changed just a touch but I happened to find the catalog that lists belts by length and I've already found a suitable replacement. Fun stuff! :)

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
All this goodness and a 3D printer too....
I'm moar than impressed, keep the progress reports coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles