MG Metalworks Van Build

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Hot diggity dayumm that looks incredible!
How much did it lift the van?
Remind me--33s?

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Approximately 3+" up from where it was. That includes the change in tire diameter.

Went from 265/70-17 to 285/75-18 (31" to 35")

Jsweezy

Explorer
Looks B.E.A.utiful. Those wheels on that black paint job is stunning.

Side note - I am really hoping "DudeAbides" ^ is Jeff Bridges and that he loves 4x4 vans as much as I do...

dcguillory

Adventurer
Well it looks like my fate has been decided for me. If anyone has been following the news, my employer is laying off 11% of its workforce this week and I just got the meeting notice from my manager. It isn't a surprise to me and actually it is quite welcomed news

With nearly half a year of severance, rather than find another job, I'll be going into the custom vehicle (mostly 4x4 vans and expedition vehicles) business full time. I have several products about to roll out for the E-series and some future plans for Sprinter and Transit stuff as well (not to mention G-wagens but I bet you guys didn't know I was into those too). I'm looking forward to offering you all my very best work and hope you'll contact me if you're in need of quality engineering and fabrication.

EERRRRRMMAAAAHHHGAAAWWWD!! Between this and the stuff I already want from UJOINT I am probably gunna have to sell my Landcruiser.

Last edited:

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Those front arms are nice and parallel, at what? 6in of lift? Well done!

Thanks! There was a lot of design time into figuring out this combination.

Sweet. Great proportions. Rear bumper in black perhaps...

The rear bumper is definitely on the list to replace. I have some of the bumper designed and a lot of ideas circulating in my head. It's probably going to be a winter project.

Hows yer wife like climbing there? This is my most important obstacle.

The wife said... "WOW!!! The van looks AWESOME!!! Where are my running boards?" With the immediateness of her follow up question, I take this to mean that one of my next priorities is installing some sort of step for her and the kids.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
The wife said... "WOW!!! The van looks AWESOME!!! Where are my running boards?" With the immediateness of her follow up question, I take this to mean that one of my next priorities is installing some sort of step for her and the kids.

Maybe some reasonably priced, MG branded, electric steps? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94