MG Metalworks Van Build

mgmetalworks

Explorer
MG, Way to go! Sounds as good as it looks. Now, it sounds like a few "experts" owe me 20 pesos after that start-up! :sombrero: Now that you solved that crazy puzzle in record time, I don't think the Allison will give you too much trouble at all! Will you be using a tuning company to optimize/live tune your van when done, or will you be doing that yourself as well? I can,t wait to see what that Cummins looks like with hood open.

I am still learning the tuning side of things so I'll be working with an experienced tuner at first to get it dialed in.

DBAGVL

:bowdown::bowdown:Outstanding, I have lurked threw every post on this thread & I something told me you would reach this goal. Excellent work! MG.

desertspeed

Adventurer
Having completed two relatively very simple engine swaps myself, I can imagine how much time, effort, and knowledge went into what you have accomplished. Absolutely amazing, congratulations.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Once you're finished you should go on a roadtrip to test out your handiwork.

Excellent work, as usual.

Nah. Too much chance for a perceived bias. What he should do is ship to me. Then I'll take it on an around the country shakedown, free of charge except for expenses, and report back at the end of the estimated 2 years a solid and thorough shakedown would most likely require. I'm willing to sacrifice for such a worthy venture. :D

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
Fantastic work MG. I've been following both threads, this one and the one on the SMB forum. I'm continuously amazed at both the breadth and depth of your talents.

PS Does anyone else think that thing sounds more like a race car motor than a diesel?

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
We are SO not worthy sir. Epic'ly clean and sano, better than factory build!
:clapsmile:clapsmile:clapsmile

mgmetalworks

Explorer
I forgot to mention a couple things in my commentary (for instance the UJOR built Sterling 10.5) but here's a video of the chassis. Body is coming down this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz