You say wheeling, we say laning... Picture heavy.

GREENI

Adventurer
Shame you're not coming further north, for an ExPo meet up...

I love how Family Guy portrays us English, with our pubs !

uk trailer guy

Observer
And the teeth! Don't forget the Family Guy take on our mouth full of tombstones too! :)

Lovely pics btw - not sure I've ever known someone who's had as many tidy Defenders!

Eniam17

Adventurer
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. I have got to get over to the UK for some laning one of these days, I just love the scenery and terrain over there.

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
DSC00186.JPG

Frosty

Thank you for posting!

GREENI

Adventurer
:)

@ Scott.. Mrs Greeni says she'll be the perfect hostess....her Lasagne is to die for! The offer's real !

baggins

What a greta set of pics mate. i recognise some of those sites but not all. actually not too far from you (coventry). anytime you fancy meeting up and swapping landy jokes and travel anecdotes....

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Thanks for sharing, I always wonder what ExPo folks are doing in the other parts of the world and often wish that international members would post up more of what they do on a regular basis and not just on what epic treks they do. Though those are cool too.

That brings up a questions, if you don't mind...How much public land and access do you have there on that island? Do you have to travel far to get out? And are your laning trips lengthy routes or do they consist of stringing together shorter rides?

GREENI

Adventurer
Great question Haggis.

I'm pretty lucky as I'm close to some great laning areas. I'm between whats called the Peak District-Derbyshire, as well as Shropshire and North Wales. Only about 15 miles to the closest 'quality' 'Green Lane', which are technically called 'Byways Open to All Traffic' and 'Roads Used as Public Paths'..... BOATS and RUPPS.
On a map these lanes are usually green, hence the name:) most are unsurfaced, from easy to gnarly.

These lanes are usually from less than a mile, up to 12 miles. We have to string them together between normal highways, though you can put together enough to do 2 days in quite a small area, around picturesque villages with pubs and cafes.
We often just pack a picnic, go do some scenic lanes and have a day out!

You'd be lucky to get 'lost' and you'll never have a day without bumping into mountain bikers (which I am and what I do for a living, working for a big website) trail bike riders and ramblers.

There is always pressure on getting these lanes closed due to erosion, noise, anti social behaviour etc. Ramblers in the uk have a 'right to roam' and we get scowled at by ramblers on every trip, no matter how polite we are. A lot of gnarly lanes get closed due to 'erosion' though it's mostly erosion+aggressive tyres !

I'd love go to the US to see stuff I see on ExPo.. Even just Tea Kettle Junction, The Racetrack or any of Moab, to name a few.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94