130 coming to the USA for Expo 2013 and other stuff.

TJN

So were now finished the rebuild of my Defender 130 130pictures
And it leaves for a container on monday to head to NY. We will then be heading south via various friends on the Eastern sea board and acroos to Gilmer for SCARR event and up to Flagstaff and across to SF via Arizona and Utah of course then north across the top via Chicago and back onto the Boston area and NY. Total time for the trip 6 months and we only have three hard dates, SCARR Expo 2013 and a visit to Tahoe in June.
Cant wait see some of you at Expo hopefully. Come say Hi and have a look at the truck.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Outstanding and welcome. How will we identify you at OX13? There willl be several dozen yellow Defender 130's just like yours there you know... ;)

Looking forward to following your adventure -- keep us posted!

Bon chance!

TJN

Not forgotten Colorado I assure you.
Christian, would be great to meet up in Tahoe, were lucky that my father in law has a place up there so we have two weeks under a roof rather than just the roof tent!
Rockwood, I may give you a shout!!

h2os2

Adventurer
Great looking 130! The painting of the flag on the real window guard is cool! Safe travels.

TJN

WOW what a difference a day makes.
The engine has died on the defender today on the way back form the paint shop, injector pump has failed and taken out 2 cylinders.
So time for a rethink and new engine. the current one was a Nissan FD35T mated to a LT85 gearbox. So need to spend money on replacing that, therefore the $5K cost of return shipping to the USA must go. Plan B will probably be engine and gearox change and take 4 months travelling around southern europe instead.
Totally gutted we are not going to make it to Expo or the US this time. But we will make it over sometime.

TJ

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
WOW what a difference a day makes.
The engine has died on the defender today on the way back form the paint shop, injector pump has failed and taken out 2 cylinders.
So time for a rethink and new engine. the current one was a Nissan FD35T mated to a LT85 gearbox. So need to spend money on replacing that, therefore the $5K cost of return shipping to the USA must go. Plan B will probably be engine and gearox change and take 4 months travelling around southern europe instead.
Totally gutted we are not going to make it to Expo or the US this time. But we will make it over sometime.

TJ

Oh no... I'm so sorry. Patience - work out the bugs and we'll see you next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles