New guy with a van.

FROADER

Adventurer
I've been into vans since I can remember, and now I finally have one. In late July I purchased an '04 E350, v10, 2wd 15 pass. for 12k. I bought it for towing and camping mostly, but it will make some great road trips as well. So far I've had the 4 bench seats in and out more than a handful of times, but will be converting the interior soon.

I found the site from Chris (ujointclothing) on the yahoo 4x4 van group. I'm glad to be here and look forward to learning all I can about my van and the plans I have for it. These include a 4x4 SAS swap and Sportsmobile pop top.

:costumed-smiley-007

FROADER

Adventurer
From one extreme to another in a week.

Truck Haven, CA - January, 18-20:

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3586.jpg

Mammoth, CA - January, 26-28:

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

Last edited:

FROADER

Adventurer
The UPS guy stopped by today, and left the ujointclothing.com SAS kit... :wings:

SAS_Kit.png

It will be a little while before I get this thing installed on the van, as I still need an axle and springs at least, but I'm excited for when it does happen.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Sweeeeeeet! Was the box beat up when it arrived? I want to make sure the new boxes I'm using are up to the test.

FROADER

Adventurer
It was a little beat up. The parts were ready to fall out the bottom. That's actually the bottom of the box that I opened. I think the front mounts cut through the edges of the box, as you can kind of see it at the bottom of the picture. Everything is there though so I don't care. :D

Thanks again Chris!
:jumping:

bigun

Observer
akphotobob said:
I lived in a converted box van for 6 years and love living in vans. I have a website decicated to converting and living in vans and other vehicles, here is one van coversion from there:

http://cheaprvliving.com/Roberts_Van.html

I also very highly reommend a yahoo group called vandwellers. It is a very active group of people who live and/or travel in their vans. You may want to check it out. Bob

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/VanDwellers/

Great web site!

FROADER

Adventurer
Just found a set of axles (with 4.56s :wings:) out of an '04 f250 in AZ. Now I just need to find some front springs, and I can start the install.

craigslist ad pic.
01150701020301161220080610847c27c6dad1453bd100f713.jpg

Last edited:

FROADER

Adventurer
My buddy that lives in Scottsdale is picking them up tomorrow and bringing them to me mid July. And... the front is a 60 not a 50!! ******?!?!?! :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94