My new to me 2009 4runner Trail Edition

chmura

Adventurer
I got new rims today. :)

Hopefully I can install them Saturday morning.

image_zps106e4966.jpg

Arktikos

Explorer
One thing I did not like about the 4th gen 4runner was the end of the exhaust. There is a big resonator that hangs low, it was a big eye sore for me. To me even the 3rd gen and 5th gen 4runner ends of the exhausts look much better and do not hang so as the 4th gens.

Okay enough complaining so I took out the sawzall out and cut away.

I am very very surprised that the exhaust noise did not increase at all. IMO Toyota could of gone away from not even putting this resonator in and save some money.

That would be a mistake in my part of the country, leading to frame or sheet metal rotting.

Arktikos

Explorer
Chmura,

Your 4runner looks as good as it is performing! Get yourself better front armor than ARB! Go with a Shrockworks!

What's better about it? I really like how the color matches the truck, but in my opinion the ARB is a better looking bumper.

chmura

Adventurer
Got my new SCS Stealth 6 wheels on today.

Really like the look, glad I waited for these. I was going to get some Mojave wheels, but after seeing them in person on a few Tacoma's I was not impressed so I decided to wait for the Stealth 6 weeks. Glad I did because they look sweet! Thanks Vin @SCSPerformance

I also weighed both wheels on a regular bathroom scale:

2013 4runner TE rims (no center cap, and took off counter weights) = 29.0 lbs

SCS Stealth 6 (no center cap, no counter weights) = 24.8

So saving about 21lbs with these with the spare.

stioc

Expedition Leader
The wheels look really nice! Not that the TE wheels were not good looking but these look great!

BurbanAZ

Explorer
Love ur truck. Is ur roof rack open above the sunroof? If u have a sunroof. That's the one thing that bothers me about my arb rack mine has like a plate covering the sunroof.

chmura

Adventurer
Love ur truck. Is ur roof rack open above the sunroof? If u have a sunroof. That's the one thing that bothers me about my arb rack mine has like a plate covering the sunroof.

Yes it is open, but there is an optional sunroof insert that covers the area if additional space is needed.

80jay

Nice build. Any issues with the rear exhaust hanger missing when you cut the resonator off? I'm thinking about doing the same. Thnx

chmura

Adventurer
i am too! Nice rig, looks great!

Thanks!

Nice build. Any issues with the rear exhaust hanger missing when you cut the resonator off? I'm thinking about doing the same. Thnx

No issues at all. I should of done that right when I purchased the vehicle. I'm still amazed that there was hardly any noise increase at all. My guess is that the reasonator is intended for the V8 and does not do much for the V6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online