D2 A Pillar Replacement?

Topher1044

Observer
Has anyone replaced their D2 A Pillars with something a little more substantial than the Tupperware-Grade plastic that came from the factory?

I need to replace when I run roof rack lights (they're already cracked/out of place) and would prefer to upgrade. If there isn't already a solution, I'll have to come up with something.

Daryl

Adventurer
Wow, I though this was going to be a carnage thread.

All you're talking about are A pillar TRIM PIECES.

Topher1044

Observer
I apologize if there was confusion.

Yes I mean the Exterior A Pillar Trim. I believe the OEM Parts # DCB500070PMA & # DCB500060PMA. Black Plastic Pieces that run on either side of the windshield.

I have been searching for something that might be a little more rigidity to it, possibly like a metal replacement (more than likely aluminum, but possibly steel if it were powder coated).

I know that many people use limb risers to protect their windshield and these parts would also be protected, but for roughly $100 a piece, I would think there might be better aftermarket options. I've searched here, other forums, and Google for any other options and the only thing I'm brought back to is the OEM. If it's a dumb question and I should just suck it up and buy the Plastic Replacements, that's fine, just here looking for knowledge. I'd rather ask questions like this and look like somewhat of a fool who's looking for an answer than not know.

Thank you in advance for any and all help you are able to provide.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Just buy used ones from a scrapyard. Should be much less expensive. Try Overland Rover or Will Tillery.

David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles