Trailer Build, Fender Placement Question

Hi, I just about have my trailer complete. About the only thing left to do now is to attach the fenders and since they are curvilinear, made from aluminum and are somewhat over sized, I think that I can probably trim them somewhat to make them a good custom fit. So, my question is, are there any rules of thumb concerning the specific placement and length of the fenders.

I was thinking of having the bottom of the fenders line up with the bottom of my trailer frame, so they don't hang down any further to try to avoid them catching on anything. But if I do that, then that somewhat abbreviates the overall arc of the fender to the point that they wouldn't be quite as long from front to back as the tires are.

Would that reduce the fenders ability to function properly?

A friend looked at them with me one day and suggested that I should allow the bottom of the fenders to extend a few inches below the trailer frame for mostly cosmetic purposes, but that also would allow the fenders to cover all of the tires, from front to back, to keep the rain off, so to speak.

Any comments, suggestions or rules would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

ManleyORV

Rugged. Reliable. Ready.
As Mark said, we line ours up with the bottom of the frame. But that is also going to depend on tire size and the height of the fender as well.

-Josh

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles