Tread Lightly and John Deer team up with USFS for Uwharrie

Tread Lightly!

Observer
In connection with the off-season planned workday March 16, the USFS, John Deere and Tread Lightly! have planned a Stewardship Project for both Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17 in the Uwharrie National Forest at the OHV trail heads.

$10,000 dollars has been donated by John Deere. The project will entail work on the 3 trail heads (Cotton Place, Double Parking lot and Wolfden). The work to be performed will be replacing the old kiosks with new ones, adding fencing (that nice wooden 6x6) and new trash receptacles. Statement of work my vary slightly.

John Deere will also be donating the services of a skid steer driven auger and a very cool UTV as a cooking platform. Yes! a UTV with a grill and much more (you've got to see it!)!

We will need volunteers! 4 FREE meals for volunteers will be provided and FREE camping will be available at UORTC Friday and Saturday Night! FREE T-shirts for the first 50! FREE Carabiners as well.

If you're in the area we'd love to have you join us
Here is a bit of press the project just got.
http://myfox8.com/2013/03/06/the-uw...ightly/#ooid=FoZzl4OTqla8j47OutpAuc4SiDE2gU3D

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Very cool! Almost makes me sorry I am out of the country for this weekend.... I was up for the workday in January. Lots of fun hanging guard rail and protecting the right to use the area! Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles