My slow going utility trailer build

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Looks good and sits level with the jeep.
Loose or move that tongue jack, get a weld on swivel model.
Find fenders yet?

A longer tongue will be nice, Maybe a box for battery or cage for firewood too?
Make sure you can open the tailgate on the jeep.

Un-ltd_sahara

Yea I plan on getting a jack that mounts to the side and flips up. I haven't found any fenders just yet. That's a few things down on the list as of right now. I just have to figure out what way I am going to extend the tongue. Would a 2"x2" piece of square tubing running aft to forward and about 2ft past the current tongue work? I was going to use that end as a receiver also so I can put in a max coupler. And a cage for firewood sounds sweet and simple to do.

Aspen Trails Trailers

Supporting Sponsor
2.5x2.5 250 wall will take the pintel or the max coupler/lock and roll. No need to go from rear to front, unless you want a reciever in the back, ie for a shackle to be pulled backwards. As long as the tongue gets within a few inches of the axle you will be golden. I would triangulate the tongue if possilbe. You make the tongue too long, adding batteries and the like, you will end up increasing the tongue weight, unless you counter balance in the rear. 4-5 foot of tongue should be adequate, if you are using a max coupler as you add almost a foot with the coupler. Have fun, it is looking good, and a nice looking Jeep!!!

Bob

www.aspenXtrails.com
951 692 0958

Un-ltd_sahara

Awesome thanks for the post. That answered my question and more. I'm new to this so I'm just now starting to get the grasp of things. So I'm thinking extending the tongue about 18" passed where it currently is. With the max coupler being around a foot, that should be plenty long enough even to open the gate on the jeep and not put too much stress on the tongue. And thanks the jeep is still a work in progress too.

Un-ltd_sahara

So I found a local shop that builds trailers and will be doing all the welding like the tongue work and bracing along the sides. So it should be taking off in about a week or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior