Rear bumper lights

Caleb Long

Go for the adventure!
Hello everyone...I am having a dual rear tire carrier built and the stock tail lights will be blocked. I have a couple leads on lights that can be build into the bumper but having a tough time nailing down the perfect light. My ideal light is a triple LED combination light that is recessed in the rectangular shape. An approximate size of 8-12 inches in length and 3-6" in width. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! thank you

Caleb-

Hey Caleb

I have recently become a big fan of the Rigid series of lights.

I have Dually floods on my headboard rack & Dually diffused recessed at the rear corners of the bed.

Very nice lights, simple to wire (no need for a relay) Low amp draw and put out more clear white light than anything I have seen

DSC01845.JPG

Caleb Long

Go for the adventure!
Thanks for the nice reply. The bulk of the lights I have seen are from companies based in AUS, UK and they have nice selections but are never exactly what I am looking for. I'll take another look @ the rigid lights. Thanks, have a good day.
Caleb-

ajohns19

I believe the Rigids are made in the US also. A friend has some of their marine spotlights on his boat- very bright and seem very well built.

I vouch for them.

I little pricey, but the build quality and light output is the best I have seen.

I like that the draw is so low, no relay is needed which makes wiring very simple.

Here is a pic of the custom switch panel I installed for my two sets of rigids.

IMG_0192.jpg

damienperu

Observer
when i covered my rear lights with dual wheel carriers i used a recessed quadruple combination in the new bumper and a protruding triple combination on the body above the doors from LED Autolamps http://www.ledautolamps.com/. very high quality fabrication, completely resin sealed, vibration/waterproof. They were very nice to deal with and sent to me direct in Peru (not through a distrubutor) and withdrew the Australian taxes from the price. Their online catalogue has really detailed info on dimensions for each of the hundreds of models they have, great if you need to fill an existing cutout like i did.

2012-11-23RearLeds.jpg

Caleb Long

Go for the adventure!
Damien-

This is EXACTLY the issue I am having, dual rear tire carrier...

when i covered my rear lights with dual wheel carriers i used a recessed quadruple combination in the new bumper and a protruding triple combination on the body above the doors from LED Autolamps http://www.ledautolamps.com/. very high quality fabrication, completely resin sealed, vibration/waterproof. They were very nice to deal with and sent to me direct in Peru (not through a distrubutor) and withdrew the Australian taxes from the price. Their online catalogue has really detailed info on dimensions for each of the hundreds of models they have, great if you need to fill an existing cutout like i did.

View attachment 150244

shmabs

Explorer
Off topic:

Seriouseries: That sure looks like a new england truck design flat bed, and a nice one at that! Are you happy with their stuff?
Did you get the rigid lights through them?

Mike

Hey Mike

I have nothing but nice things to say about New England truck design.

They have built bodies for both my trucks.

Local (to me) craftsmanship
Second to none quality
You get exactly what you want since you design it with the owner on cad
super cool guys to work with

The rigids I added myself.

THis truck is currently for sale

shmabs

Explorer
Thats awesome to hear, i worked there for 4 years prior to joinging the military and miss that place!

Mike

BlueGerbil

C´est le gerbil plus bleu
We´ve recessed two Vision-X Solstice Flood led lamps into my JCR rear bumper using Vision-X´s "Flush Mounting Kit"

264362_10151173411486489_1554119321_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior