ARB Fridge12V plug loose

baronplt1

All,

Installed the ARB wiring harness with the hella plug for my ARB fridge.

The Hella plug from the fridge is loose and falls out very easily.

How tight is the plug supposed to be? I thought the Hella plugs
were a better connector than a cig style plug.

Thanks

moto-treks

On the road
They shouldn't just fall out. I use them on my motorcycle all the time and they never just pop out. I wonder if its the plug or the receptacle? Is anything hitting the plug?

baronplt1

No, nothing is in the way.

The plug from the ARB cooler never clicks into the power receptacle at all.

Thanks for the response.

Toycdn

Observer
I had the same problem. It led to the fridge constantly loosing power. ARB suggested I replace the plug with a locking cigarette plug, which I did. It is a much more secure connection, although the hella plug is nice because of its size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joneseyyy

Explorer
I have the same darn issue! Glad I am not the only one! Think I am going to hardwire it in and use a 7.5-amp inline fuse to replace the one in the plug. Fridge never leaves the truck.

Expedition Leader
Mine clicks in very firmly and holds securely. I did buy some fairly high-end Hella-type female plugs at a BMW motorcycle dealership though; I wonder if you got a cheap/bad plug?

baronplt1

I installed the ARB wiring harness to the back of the LJ so ts not a cheap plug issue.

Seem disingenuous if ARB to recommends using a locking cig plug to solve the problem.

Thanks for the help.

moto-treks

On the road
Ok, so I can understand why your plug would disconnect. I finally took my Jeep out for a weekend with the ARB Frig and noticed that the plug only has 2 metal contacts on the outside of the male connector. This is not what I've used before on my bikes. What I had used was a plug that has metal contacts all the way around the plug and securely holds the plug into the socket. I will be replacing my ARB supplied plug with one from powerlet http://www.powerlet.com/product/basic-plug/275

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne