ExpoScout's 03 Tundra

ExpoScout

Explorer
MOST RECENT STATUS & MOD LIST:

21nnon8.jpg

-Steel wheels (wheeler's steel wheels/procomps)
-Tires (265/75 Duratrac)
-Diff breathers
-Weathertech floormats
-Diehard Platinum Grp 31
-Bilstein 5100s (set at 2" in front...4th notch)
-Window deflectors

***************************************************************************************************
(Original Post)
I'll keep this short and sweet. Still have my scouts, got rid of the rovers, needed a truck. Here she is:

6r0to1.jpg

ajwgh4.jpg

21eorbl.jpg

2q87gxz.jpg

2mwdytj.jpg

All stock, one owner, lots of service records, great carfax, only 35k miles. Me = :)

Im trying to resist the modding bug for now because I need to focus on other things. It will be getting a diehard/odyssey battery, line-x, and wet okole seat covers asap. I also have a lot of things (inverter, CB, etc) that I can install to keep me busy.

Cant wait to take some trips!

Last edited:
J

JWP58

Wow, 35K miles is unbelievable. Heck I wouldve bought it too...Good find.

ExpoScout

Explorer
Yeah they had literally just gotten it in when I first saw it. It wasnt even on the lot and hadnt been cleaned up yet. I told them to call the minute it was ready to be sold. Went by the next day and did the deal.

It was traded into the same toyota dealership where it was bought and where all services had been done. It was definitely a good find and needless to say Im pretty excited about it.

jim65wagon

Not a Diehard but I have a group 31 deep cycle. It takes some, um, modifications. A Ball Peen hammer has the right shape to dent the underhood bracing to get the posts to not touch metal......very important to get that bit right.

I dented the braces, used some modeling clay on the posts and closed the hood carefully - compressing the clay. This will show you how much clearance you have. I kept denting until I had about an inch or so.

Then the hold=down bracket has to be rebuilt to hold the battery still.....

ExpoScout

Explorer
Hmm, Do you have any pics by chance? I suppose I could use the slightly smaller platinum they carry. Though, to be honest (despite the recent stigma), I have a blue top optima in my diesel scout that works like a champ. It can sit for months and still cranks like it was new. I would like to try the diehard after the good things Ive heard.

ExpoScout

Explorer
Yeah, I dont mind. I traded in my 98 rover (which I would have set on fire and pushed off a cliff), put $500 down, and owe $14.5k.

Derek24

Explorer
Again nice Tundra and great buy! Such low miles! Thanks for buying a tundra and adding to the builds!

ExpoScout

Explorer
Yeah, Im really peased so far. Not sure how I fared price-wise, but Im happy, so I guess thats the main thing. Based on KBB and carfax it looks like I did ok.

seanpistol

Explorer
I'd say you did good. They seem to go in my area for about $11k for one with 100k miles (depending on the year). I recently saw an 04 with 18k original miles for 18k dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94