91 3/4 ton Suburban

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
I have always had jeeps and an FJ40 in the past just seemed like I was always packed to the gills. So when I moved to Utah I sold my grand cherokee and purchased this beast for a song, $700. It had about 220k on it but ran pretty good I was looking for a vehicle that had lots of avaible parts. After i picked it up I stuffed 33" Cooper's under it with very little fender triming. I wheeled it a few times, even in Moab. It barley survived Moab due to a flash flood. The creek I had just crossed an hour beforewashed out and when I went to cross it I lost the whole front under water. Gas and Brake pedals were under water trying to keep it running. I got lucky that someone pulled me out. After that the tranny blew every ounce of tranny fluid. After a filter and fluid change. Drove it 4 hrs home no problems. I started aquiring parts to work on over the winter. I purchased a 6" lift springs for the front and ORD shackle flip kit for the rear and 2" bolck to keep level. Had some sliders built (think I got hosed The guy used cold rolled steel instead of DOM) and just found a front Warn winch bumper to throw on the front after a few modifacations(made for ford). Looking to get some 37" military tires. I removed the third row seat and built a platform back there to use as a sleeping platform and to store a full size spare along with the factory ultimate spare. I am looking to build a expedition style Jumping Jack trailer. Plans seem to never stop but I will post more pics as more trips come by and modicications. 574591_2815387997290_1636552240_2064682_1683386749_n.jpg

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
About a year ago found out the engine was on its last leg so I got a reman engine. After the change souded terrible and would barely make it down a flat road. Ended up being a broken lifter with less than 300 miles on it.Photo1137.jpgIMAG2019.jpgIMAG1866.jpgIMAG1821.jpgIMAG1134.jpgIMAG1127.jpgIMAG1026.jpgIMAG1004.jpgIMAG1203.jpgIMAG0846.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
First off welcome to the site Bigtrklttrl. I am glad to see that you have already learned the unspoken rule.... `POST LOTS OF PICS!´ Your `Burb´looks good and you know that is an exceptional platform for any kind of serious offroad adventure vehicle. You will find lots of helpfull people here to answer any of your questions. I hope to see lots of pics and updates and wheeling shots of your fine vehicle. Cheers, Chilli....:)

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Good platform to build on. I miss my old one. She would take me anywhere she would fit... but had too much cancer.

blacksub.jpg

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
The paint and body were in pretty good shape when I bought it but I have found out how SMALL the jeep trails are around here. It now has aquired the Utah Pinstriping effect. I love the height to it right now with 33's it still fits in the garage but when I get the 37's it will be too tall by 1.5". The Rocks have found most of the cancer and knocked most of it loose. I am not too worried about the cancer untill it makes it into the cab area. Hopefully I will be headed to Moab or St george in about a month or so. I will post when I find out and with Pics. Thanks for the Comments. As you can tell I wheel mostly with jeeps and they think I am crazy to wheel with the burb but it has suprised them more than once.

1leg

Explorer
3/4ton, Overdrive trans, barndoors and utah, sure sounds like a dream to me and your living it.

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
Added a 6" spring lift in the front
ORD 4" Shackle flip and 2" blocks to the rear
37" Cooper STT
Added a warn winch bumper to the front.
Added rock sliders to help deter the rocks any further damage.

epymenuv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior