The AR-15

K2ZJ

Explorer
Nice setups guys!

Here is the one I am going to copy minus the A2 front site replaced by low profile or quad rail gas block.

DSC01817.jpg

I have 2 lowers built with Magpul gear, one will look like above and the other is black and will get a 20" barrel.

Here is what showed up last week!

StagModel3.jpg

Attachments

• StagModel3.jpg
    StagModel3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 138

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
I want a AR-10 so bad. I was also thinking how awesome a AR 30-30 would be in dense bush. I know it is kind of comical but I am serious.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Jeff91

Nice stick, Scott!

The set up you have going looks like it should be great, a couple of comments.

-You'r RSA, make sure you really check it out mounted on the bottom rail. Most of the times you find them mounted either on the side rail with the ring facing up or on the top rail. I would just be worried about the gun wanting to roll when slung because both of the sling mount points are so low. But if that setting works for you just run with it, totally personal.

-For a light, take a look at the new surefire mini scout light(M300B). It's a 200 lumen single cell light that's nice and streamlined. The X300 Ultra makes another good option, or the Surefire Fury in a light mount makes for a little bit less expensive set up. I wouldn't recommend lights that have a high and low mode, to much of a chance of the low mode coming on when you really need the output.

Youngunner

Adventurer
Just finished my AR build. Got all my parts and 3k rounds of 5.56 just before all the craziness happened. Also picked up a tactical Rem 870, a S&W model 60 357 and a Ruger Super Redhawk 454.

0131131437.jpg

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Just finished my AR build. Got all my parts and 3k rounds of 5.56 just before all the craziness happened. Also picked up a tactical Rem 870, a S&W model 60 357 and a Ruger Super Redhawk 454.

View attachment 154635[/QUOTE
im not one for putting a bunch of toys on a gun but would highly recommend those ar m4 owner with larger optics like this to get a set of 1 0'clock off set iron sight or the battery-less reflex like the tijicon rmr on similar off set for close up target acquisition. i promise it may look gimmicky you will find very useful.

Last edited:

gophere

Adventurer
im not one for putting a bunch of toys on a gun but would highly recommend those ar m4 owner with larger optics like this to get a set of 10'clock off set iron sight or the battery-less reflex like the tijicon rmr on similar off set for close up target acquisition. i promise it may look gimmicky you will find very useful.

Im running offset irons with a 3-9x and had a couple people (out of the know) look at it funny and one asked if I had a can opener on it.
their tune changed when they saw the speed and accuracy on the transitions.

sent from montana, usa

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Wow looks like the gun forum is taking off lol. I am building or should I say acquiring parts. I bought a stripped lower several months ago and have been picking up parts here and there when I can find them without getting bent over on price. So far I have a cmc trigger, rock river lower parts kit. Spikes t2 buffer tube kit. Magpul ctr stock, magpul enhanced trigger guard magpul bad lever, bravo company charging handle and gunfighter grip, ambi safety, and 6 magpul 30 rnd mags.

I am looking for a stripped upper next. 5.56 for sure. I'm plannig a16" barrel heavy flutted with a troy alpha 11" rail system. I will go with a verticle forgrip, light, d.i gas system and an most likely am aimpoint on top. But i have not started the top yet.

This is my first ar platform. All my serious shooting has been handgun comp shooting so we will see where ths goes.

zimm

Expedition Leader
adcore bear with my favorite '72 redfield rangefinder 4-12 and offset irons. the offset irons are really nice, i dont know why no one thought of those 40 years ago (or if they did, why i didnt know of them). they killed the use of a 1-4x scope for me.. for now. there are some nice intermediate priced 1-4 to 1-10s getting to market. i guess im holding out for a leupold 1-10 before i dump ol' reliable.

latest project in waiting standing beside it. 300blk.

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 110

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
My backup sites are the magpul flip up ones. With my eotech 553 and flip up 3x magnifier I can instantly drop the eotech and flip the magnifier and my sights are right there at 12 o'clock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier