The AR-15

jpachard

Adventurer
Here's mine: Rock River Operator with a Trijicon 1-4X Accupoint sight and Troy Industries Iron sights on 45DEG mounts on the side. I also added the Magpul rear stock and am happy with it as I prefer a longer LOP. So far have been super happy with this rifle, especially now that 5.56 ammo has gotten so cheap and I can shoot it a bunch without hurting the wallet too much.

IMG_2104-L.jpg

Last edited:

Modeler

W1DCS
Finally got to run my build. I'm the fat guy closest to you. Based on running it, I've since moved the angled foregrip further forward. Much more comfortable and controllable.

Ray_G

Explorer
Recent shot from spring break with my kiddos...not all are mine (nor is this all of mine), though all the AR's I've had a hand in the construction of. Not all of them were quite done, or rather I was waiting on parts, but was a good chance to test fire and anytime on the range is good time.

I'd say I'm done...but there are a few more in the hopper.
Spring Break Table shot.jpg

2scars

Adventurer

My first AR, coming from Savage bolt guns. PSA 16" upper and classic EPT lower. JP enhanced reliability trigger springs for a nice 5lb pull. Scope is a Prostaff off a muzzleloader that I have decided to use with no optic this year. The rest of the accessories (scope mount and BUIS) are cheap amazon pieces that I am using as place holders until money frees up.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I just picked up a Savage Axis 223, very nice rifle at the price point. I have ideas of converting it to 300 Blackout down the road.

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
well up here in Canadaland AR's are a bad thing according to the guvmint, they fall into the same restriction class as a Pistol so basically to the range and back.. So i went out and picked this little beauty up it really reminds me of shooting Canadas old sterling SMG's way back when before we got rid of them and the FN' and went to the Dimaco made C-7's. I present the Keltek Sub 2000 Gen 2. you can get them in 9 mm or 40 S&W , i went 9mm to keep costs down as i will be getting a replacement barrel for my Glock 22 in a 9mm size and picking up a replacement .40 later.It folds down to 19 inches and can easily e put in a back pack super light uses a Glock mag and no recoil when shooting. There are a few things problematic about them but I like it .
For shooting .223 I have a Ruger American in 223 (Duh) and like it. To get a semi auto in .223 I am going to go with the Keltec SU 16 tactical it's nonrestricted as its not based on the EVIL AR15 platform. so that means no silly guvmint rules on where I can use it !:ylsmoke:

what i have .. one of a few
unnamed (2).jpg
and what i want
images.jpg

Madbodhi

Observer

I like building them. The only factory built AR I own is a Gen 1 Noveske Light Recce I bought straight from them before John Noveske's untimely passing.

Some builds
Quick handling little carbine

Same build as above but with some I.D.F. flare thrown in.

My back up for classes,never needed it as the Noveske just keeps on ticking

Budget varmint gun

And of course my beloved Noveske being kept company by a custom Warbird M1a and some Busse steel

I currently have an 18 in. 3Gun build in the works and a Noveske Gen 2 receiver (non-chainsaw) that I'm pondering on what to build into.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior